Thursday, July 15, 2010

Little Tidbits

~*~Amelia ... Williams~*~
The Jury is still out on what Amelia's middle name will be. I think we've now narrowed it down to Joy and Elise. Bryan very much prefers Elise, and I'm voting for Joy. We'll see who comes up with the better defense once D-day arrives (or maybe [read: hopefully] sooner)...

~*~Maternity Portraits~*~
Saturday morning we're heading out with my friend Olivia to take some maternity portraits. We had planned to do 2 sessions: one that was just Bryan and me and one that included Maddy. Since we're really running out of time (more on that later), we're going to do our best to do all the photos in one session. I think Maddy will be cooperative, so I think it'll work out just fine!! I'm very excited!! When we took Maddy's, we had all kinds of props. This time, we don't have very many props... Ok, so really, we only have ONE prop (I'm trying to think of a couple more before Saturday). LoL, but I think that adding another person and changing the location of the photos will be plenty!! I can't wait to see how they all turn out!! :)

~*~Moving Update~*~
I called today to have all of our utilities turned off when we move. It's all beginning to feel very real!! Bryan should have his orders tomorrow by lunch. (Thank God!) We've been waiting a LONG time to get his orders. We're hoping that lots of our "unknowns" will become "knowns" tomorrow. We'll see if we get the answers we want... But, nonetheless answers are better than no answers at this point!! We're planning to have our "final out" at Dyess on July 28. That means that on that day Bryan will file his last little bit of paperwork, and we'll hit the road. I scheduled one last doctor's appointment for that morning, so Bryan's planning to take Maddy with him for his "final out", then we'll meet, pick up the dog (not sure where he'll be during all of this), and hit the road. 5 hours later, we should be in our new city... I wasn't kidding when I say that it's getting VERY close!!!

I guess that's about it for now. We're looking forward to starting a new chapter of our lives, but as you can imagine, there are some nerves that come along with this transition! Just say a prayer for us that everything goes smoothly with the move. We can certainly thank God that our house sold!! Today is the last day of the "option period" which means that after today, there's virtually no way that the buyers can back out of the sale!!! I happen to think that's pretty exciting!! The home inspection is complete. The appraiser came out today. (We're still waiting to hear what he has to say.) All that's left is the termite inspection. I don't suspect we'll have any problems with that as we just had an inspection in the spring, but it's still a hurdle we'll have to get over before the day of closing!!

Ok, so I just said that I was going to end this, so I suppose I really should. This is how I end conversations, too (right Mom and Breezy?). LoL.

Talk to everyone later!

Love you guys!! :)

3 comments:

Peggie said...

Thanks for the update. Sounds like everything is moving along quite well.

Can't wait to see your new portraits. I know Olivia will do an AWESOME job just like the last ones!!

I hope you don't have any issues turning in your cable box like we had in Little Rock!!! LOL.....

Tell Bryan to try and say Amelia Elise three times in a row....it just doesn't roll off the tongue, in my opinion!!!

Keep us posted on everything.....

Love ya!!

Bill T said...

Life sure got busy. We will say some prayers.

JP2E said...

"Onward and upward", keep moving and soon it will all get easier. Best of luck in Del Rio, hope they opened the WalMart by now...