Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Little of This...

...and a little of that...


***WELCOME HOME***

Bryan's squadron-mates made it home safe and sound last night. Maddy and I went to offer our support in welcoming everyone home. We had a really good time. Some of the people that came home were so surprised at the changes they saw in Maddy. Maddy's friend Sophi (remember? She's the one that's 3 weeks older than Maddy)'s parents were both deployed. Sophi went to "summer camp" at her Aunt and Uncle's house. Sophi's parents are going to pick her up tomorrow out of state. Maddy was sad that her friend wasn't there, but I assured her that we'd set up a playdate as soon as they were back and settled!! :)


***FROM THE ARCHIVES***

Mom, I gave you ample opportunity, but you never posted these pictures, so I wanted to share them with everyone!! While some of the guests from Maddy's Big Weekend were still here, we went to see the wind farms. Here's Grandpop modeling with the windmills. :)



VERY GQ, if I say so myself!! ;)


***CHEF MADDY***

Maddy got a chef's outfit from a friend of ours for her birthday (to go with her new kitchen). Here she is modeling it:



***LOVE THE PUPPY***

Bryan's parents found a stuffed Chocolate Lab puppy for Maddy. They brought it to her during her big weekend. Maddy LOVES her puppy!! She's just started hugging and kissing people. She even goes so far as to hug me and pat on my back (like I do to soothe her when she's upset or tired). It's pretty dang cute. Here's a video of Maddy loving her puppy:




***SHE MAY LOOK SWEET AND TINY***

...but Maddy is a BOTTOMLESS PIT today!! For breakfast, Maddy had a pancake, cheerios and almost half a box of raisins. THEN, for lunch, she had a 1/2 a peanut butter sandwich, grapes and goldfish. This kid is EATING LIKE CRAZY!! Growth spurt anyone?? LoL.

Well, I guess that's about it for now. Bryan is out of town this week at Ft. Benning, GA. He's helping some of the guys there practice jumping out of a perfectly good airplane. Thank goodness Bryan and I agree on how silly it is to do such a thing!! HaHaHa. I'm glad his job is to tell the guys when to jump... Not to join them!! :)

Talk to everyone soon!

Love you guys! :)

5 comments:

Peggie said...

GREAT BLOG!!! You are right, you DID give me ample time to post a blog and my photos, but the spirit just hasn't moved me.... So I'm glad you posted the pics. I absolutely LOVE "Chef Maddy". She's just so darned CUTE!!! It looks like your video of "Maddy Loving Puppy" ended just before she threw the darned thing at you!!! Ha ha ha....

Thanks for keeping us all straight around here!! Keep on blogging, since your lazy mom just can't seem to get it together!!!! :~

Love ya!!

JP2E said...

We love seeing your BLOG's here at our house! Maddy is really an entertainer on video (in person as well, of course) Keep posting and we will continue to enjoy.
Have Bryan wave when he is at Ft. Benning, he may be up high enough to see our house...

CShore said...

I'm glad you posted them. I'm still trying to get my feet back under me after our long trip! Talk to you later.

Big Jim said...

Thanks for the blog. love the pictures of Maddy. What a great child she is.
Love

Sue said...

Fabulous photos of the family. Maddy can be my Chef any time. She is precious.
Bryan is near my home town and birth place Columbus, GA. I have lots and lots of relatives there. Hope his stay was memorable.
Love to you all, Aunt Sue