Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sidewalk Chalk

The Easter bunny brought Maddy some egg-shaped sidewalk chalk. We decided to give it a go tonight. Maddy thoroughly enjoyed the artistic freedom it allowed her... Who needs to be confined to one lousy piece of paper when you can have the whole driveway to express yourself?!?! HaHaHa. Here are the pictures, and one short video from our adventure with sidewalk chalk:


The Chalk...



What to draw... What to draw...



Ah ha! I've got it!



Happy Camper...



Show us your muscles!!



Did you ever wonder what a toddler's chalk outline looks like? Squirmy!!



Looks like she drew it, doesn't it? I mean, why, yes, my child genius drew this!! ;)



What do you hear?!?!



AIRPLANE!!! (Thank goodness we live on the final approach for the airport... It'll be even better when we live on base in Del Rio!!)


Happy kid... These are her 2 new favorite words. I suppose it could be worse, but by the time you've heard them for the 1,000,000th time for the day, you're ready for the her vocabulary to expand... Just a little!! ;)




We had so much fun outside, but she told me two times that she was "all done", so I packed up the chalk and headed inside. What happened next is beyond my comprehension...

Please note the red face and the angry clenched fist...


...And the reaching with all her might for the door handle...


Yep... She cried for about 20 minutes. Apparently, my pregnancy-induced indecisiveness has rubbed off on her...


Once she saw that the Wonder Pets were on TV, and she got her cup of milk, she calmed down. Terrible two temper tantrums, here we come!!! :)

I hope everyone has a good night. I'm going to go lay down and read. I just got 2 new books in the mail yesterday (thanks, Mom), and I started one last night. It's really good, and one of those "I don't want to put it down" kind of books, so why am I still rambling on here?!?!

Talk to you later!

Love you guys!!

5 comments:

Peggie said...

I really LOVE the picture of the chalk....very artistic!!!! But it looks like Mom made more pictures than Maddy did. She's just too cute for words. Just you wait for the terrible two's....they're coming!

Glad you're enjoying the books. If you're reading "Look Again" first, I can understand why you couldn't put it down. I read most of it on the drive home from Philly.

Can't wait for our visit real soon!!

Love ya!!

Unknown said...

I think it is way too funny that your kid is throwing a hissy fit, and you are busy taking pictures of it!!! Hahaha...of course this comment is coming from the kid-less lady. :-P

JP2E said...

We love sidewalk chalk at our house too!!! I always outline the kids and then they "fill in" the details. Eve likes to match her outfit with the chalk version and Noah always makes his a robot or a rocket powered boy.
Enjoy the chalk, then put the sprinkler on and let her cool off while the colors run down the drive; kids LOVE taht...

Amy said...

She is so precious! Glad you guys are doing well. Hope you are feeling great these days!

Dottie O said...

Love the video. It brings back so many memories when mine were little. These are the greatest times Katie. Cherish them.