Sunday, May 23, 2010

Discovery Place

This afternoon my mom and I took Maddy to Discovery Place. It's one of those hands-on kids science museums. I've always loved those... Still do, and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!! :) Since Maddy had to ride home in just her Pull-Up, I'd say the adventure was a SUCCESS!! HaHaHa! :) There is a special room just for people Maddy's size, and she LOVED it!! The room had a water table (pictures to follow) which Maddy couldn't get enough of... Hence, riding home almost naked!! After we were in the kids room, we went upstairs to explore the other exhibits. My mom made Maddy a princess crown out of aluminum foil, which Maddy seemed to enjoy. The whole time we were upstairs, however, Maddy kept asking to go back to the water table, so once we saw what was upstairs, we headed back down... to the water table. I really think that if we'd done nothing other than the water table, Maddy would have been perfectly satisfied. LoL. Here are some pictures of our big day!!


Our first time at the water table:



A GIANT Light Brite!!!


Making music with pots and pans:


Looking like she's going to beat that kid up... Don't worry... She was sharing:



Even Mom got in on the fun...


Heading in for round 2 at the water table...



Check out the extreme concentration (tongue sticking out):


Upstairs checking ourselves out on the "TV":



Maddy in front of the Eiffel Tower made out of blocks:


Heading into a round room with lights on the floor that made music when you stepped on them... There was a fog machine in the doorway that Maddy really liked:


See? She RAN in and out of the room to go through the fog (over and over and over and well, you get the point):


Maddy's foil crown. Isn't she lovely? Sing it!! :)


In other news, Chris and April came to visit this weekend. Here are Maddy and Uncle Chris taking a little snooze...



Last, but not least, Bryan and I have some exciting news. Those of you who are on Facebook probably already know it, but we bought a 2009 Pontiac G8!!! Bryan has been wanting one for quite some time. We found one in Charlotte, so my dad and I went to take a look at it yesterday, and made an offer. We'll head back in the morning to fill out the paperwork and get the keys. I hope that Bryan enjoys his Father's Day gift... ;) We're going to get it to Atlanta (haven't decided how it'll get there yet), so that after Grandpop's birthday party, we can drive it home. After I pick it up tomorrow, I'll try to post some pictures...

Talk to everyone soon!!

Love you guys!! :)

7 comments:

Peggie said...

Had a GREAT DAY!!!! You forgot to mention the "waterproof" apron at the water table. Maddy INSISTED on the one with airplanes on it!!! She is just so much fun to have around. I'm really going to miss you guys when you go home!!!

Love ya!!!

CShore said...

Looks like you gals had a blast!

Bill T said...

looks like a good time was had by all. I know Bryan will hurry home now. I hope your dad gets to try out that car. It is fun.

Katie said...

Oh don't worry Uncle Bill... My dad did the test drive. I don't like driving on test drives. It makes me very nervous. As a matter of fact, we're not picking it up today because it's supposed to rain, and I didn't want to drive it in the rain the first time. HaHaHa. I guess I'm a real wuss!! :) Planning to pick it up in the morning! :)

JP2E said...

Nothing is more fun than discovering the world with a child. Glad everyone had fun. Maddy looks like she really loves science and discovery.
If you want someone to bring the car to Atlanta, perhaps I could come up there with one of my brothers and we could drive it back...

Sue said...

I want to hang out with Maddy she gets to go to all the cool places. What a great adventure for everyone!

Katie said...

Uncle Jim, we have 2 plans on how to get the car down to Atlanta. Thanks for the offer... We just have to choose which route we're going to take!! :)

Aunt Sue, she DOES get to do some pretty fun stuff!! I'd say I'm a pretty lucky mom to get to join her! :) You're welcome to join us ANYTIME!! She'd LOVE that!