Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Who Doesn't Like...

PLAY DOH?!?!

Maddy got to play with her Play Doh that Santa put in her stocking for the first time today. Mommy thought Play Doh was a great idea when she saw that Santa had given her a tub of it, but then quickly changed her mind when she considered the potential mess... Today, though, we took the plunge, and know what?!?! Maddy did GREAT!!!! :-)

Well, we started out a little rough... I put the Play Doh in front of her at the kitchen table on some wax paper, and this is the FIRST thing she did...



LoL... I quickly let her know that wasn't what we do with Play Doh, and after a very short Play Doh 101 lesson, Maddy was on her way to being a Play Doh expert!! She LOVED it!! She was very careful to keep it on the wax paper, and she was entertained for almost an hour!! In the life of a 2 year old, that is a pretty successful toy!!!! Amelia even got in on the action a little, too. I put her in the high chair with a blanket around her, and she was able to sit and watch Maddy play. She LOVED it too!! I told Bryan when he got home from work that I think today was the first day since Amelia entered our lives that I thoroughly enjoyed my day!!! Don't get me wrong. Every day has had it's good moments, but sitting at the table with the girls playing was SO MUCH FUN!! I was so thrilled that everyone enjoyed themselves!! Here are some photos of our adventures with Play Doh!! Enjoy!!










As I'm sure most of you have heard by now, last week wasn't a banner week for us. Bryan worked lots of hours, and was out of town Tuesday night, then again over the weekend, and both of the girls were sick. Maddy wound up being put on a nebulizer with Albuterol because she started getting wheezy... Like I said, last week was ROUGH. Plain and simple!! I am pleased to report that Amelia never had more than a little runny nose (which I'm now thinking could be her teething), and I took Maddy back to the doctor yesterday, and she's not wheezing anymore, so we're all done with the breathing treatments!!! Can I get a Woo Hoo?!?! We were supposed to do the breathing treatments through Friday, but the Albuterol had some very unpleasant side effects, so I took her back early to see if there was anything else we could do for the wheezing... Apparently, Albuterol can cause "excitability" in users. For Maddy, "excitability" came with hitting, yelling and throwing things. She was NOT acting like the sweet little girl that we all know and love. Quite frankly, it was a little frightening that the medicine had this much of an effect on her. I am so glad that I opted to check with the doctor!! Phew!! Thank goodness THAT'S over!! The doctor also gave me the name of another medicine that can be used with the nebulizer if we ever have this problem again. He said that it shouldn't have the same side effect... DOUBLE PHEW!!! Like I said, today was FANTASTIC!!!!

I guess that's about it for now... I am hoping to blog a little more frequently, but this is by no means a promise... simply a hope!!

I hope that everyone has enjoyed/is still enjoying all the snow this year. We haven't gotten any of the white stuff in Sunny Del Rio, and don't anticipate getting any. We did get a pretty intense thunderstorm last night, though. Poor Maddy (who has lived in Texas her entire life) has never really experienced a storm like that, so it woke her up and she was a little afraid. To make matters worse, we were without electricity for a couple of hours overnight, so when I went to her room to comfort her, she kept asking me to plug in her nightlight. I don't think I ever explained it in a way that she could understand, but I finally remembered that MoMo the Monkey has a light that's battery operated, so I reminded her to push the button and MoMo could light up her bed. That seemed to do the trick!! The storm brought with it MUCH colder temperatures, but I am pretty sure we'll be back to the 60's or 70's by the weekend!!

Ok, I said it before, but this time I mean it... I guess that's about it for us...

Love you guys! :-)

2 comments:

Peggie said...

GREAT BLOG!!! The pictures are great. I'm glad the girls had a good day and seem to enjoy each other's company so much...

Hope you have another great day and a great week to go with it.

Love you all....

JP2E said...

Looks like the girls had a great time as artists! Maddy seems to really try to include Amelia in everything she does, a good big sister.
Glad the kids are doing better, it will be nice to get a break before the real teething starts for Amelia.
Keep posting, we love the photo's and video of the girls...