Thursday, September 15, 2011

Only A Couple of Days Late...

I know I promised a photo of Maddy with her cast after she got it, but we have had a CRAZY week!! I think we might finally be getting our heads above water again... So, here she is!!!


She chose purple for her cast, and, clearly, you can see that she's devastated by having it!! HaHaHa. Honestly, though, the ONLY complaining she does is at bath time because she can not play in the tub. She has always LOVED her bath time, so this is a HUGE disappointment to her!! I have promised a "super great bath time" when the cast comes off... I guess I better figure out how to make that happen!! She goes for a follow-up appointment in 4 weeks at which time they'll do another x-ray to make sure it's healed. If it's all healed, then she'll be done with the cast!! Woo Hoo!!

The fracture is in the bone just above her elbow. The doctor seemed optimistic that in 4 weeks it'll be all better! I sure hope so!! :-)

Hope everyone's week is coming to a nice close!!

Love you guys!!

4 comments:

Olivia said...

OH! This is the cutest ever. I am so glad she seems to not mind it at all. Maybe buy her or let her pick out a really neat new bath toy when she gets it off?

Peggie said...

Great picture. She's such a happy little thing!!! I think you should give her a bath time with all her beach toys that lasts for an hour or more..... however long she wants to be in there!!! Glad all is well. Love ya!!

Dottie O said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dottie O said...

Oh the trials & tribulations of childhood! Ask your Grandmom Towhey how she coped when your Uncle Dennis was in a cast due to a fractured hip or leg or both. Your blog/pictures/stories are so entertaining!