Sunday, June 8, 2008

One More Week Down...

It's been a whole week since the last time I blogged, and guess what?!?! Not a whole lot has changed!! Bryan told me that his homecoming could be as early as two days before Uncle Mike's birthday... I am not holding my breath for that one, but the chance is always there!!!

Here's a run-down of what's been going on here:

Nash has truly begun calming down. He is currently laying on the floor in front of the couch. He even let me talk to my mom on the phone for a little while!!! WOO-HOO!!

Friday was a rather eventful day... I went to lunch with a coworker, and on the way back to the office, I had the window cracked to let the hot air out. When it went to put the window back up, I heard a POP noise, then the window disappeared down into the door. I could not get the motor to pull the window back up, so after dropping Pam off at work, I brought my car home. I drove Bryan's car back to work. I called the dealership to ask about getting it fixed. They told me that they do not work on Saturdays, but if I got it in there immediately, they would try to get it fixed that afternoon. My friend Jessica came to the rescue and followed me over there. We dropped the car off just before 5 PM and it was fixed and ready to go just before 6 PM. I was THRILLED!! Not so thrilled with the bill, but so thankful that I have 2 operational windows once again!!

After picking the car up, Jess and I went shopping. We weren't looking for anything in particular... just keeping busy on a Friday night.

Yesterday, I got the lawn mowed and did some inside chores. After the chores were done, Jess and I went back out to shop some more... Again, not for anything in particular, but just to get out of the house for a little while.

Today, I got up and did a few things around the house, then I borrowed Jessica's electric hedge trimmer. I think this is an investment we'll be making in the near future!! We have some loppers that created nearly a half a day's worth of work... The electric ones were about a 20 minute job!!! Bryan wanted to get some electric ones for me last summer, but since I had never trimmed the hedges before, I opted for the manual kind. I think I have enough practice now that the electric ones will be money well spent!! :)

Now, on to the fun part of the weekend... Here are this week's pictures of me and baby Williams:





















I hope that everyone has a GREAT week!! I am just going to keep counting down... I'll do my best to keep you posted, but don't expect another post until next weekend. I'll see what I can do, though!

Love you guys!

I LOVE YOU, BRYAN!!

6 comments:

JP2E said...

Ask your Mom about power windows failing. I think she holds some kind of record from one of her cars!
Glad your window problem was easily fixed.
I love my power tools! I bought one of the quick-change weed whackers that lets you buy a whole bunch of attachments for one motor. I have all kinds of cool tools and only one motor.
Might be a good investment for this upcoming fathers day!!!

Peggie said...

Oftentimes, no news is good news. It's nice that life is just so "normal" for you right now. Just in time for Bryan to come home and then everything will turn upside down again, just in time for Baby to get here.....ain't life grand????? LOL...
Love ya!!

Big Jim said...

Glad to hear from you again. Electric hedge trimers are a good investment. My problem is cleaning up after the clipping is done.
Love.

Mike 2e said...

I too have electric hedge trimmers and they are great. My only advice is alway's know where the cord is while trimming. I will not go into any further detail on that but I'm sure my wife would love to tell the story upon request.

Bill T said...

Tell Bryan deb and I are thinking about him. To bad you will not have him for fathers day.

Sue said...

You are loving mahvalous darlin' It is good to hear that you are having a good week and I hope that you are having cooler weather than we are. It sounds like the car repair guys were quick to fix the window and that's a good thing.