Thursday, May 28, 2009

Has it been a week already??

According to my blog page, it seems that it has been a week since I last blogged. No good excuse other than the fact that life got in the way. LoL.

I also have been without my laptop since Saturday. (Apparently it's very sick... a couple of viruses and a trojan... Let's hope it comes home feeling better... and SOON!!) I'm currently using Bryan's laptop, so I won't be posting any pictures today. If you only read my blog to see pictures of the most perfect baby in the entire world, then I'll catch you next time, and you can go ahead and close the window. ;)

Speaking of the most perfect baby in the entire world, she's napping at the moment... THANK GOD!! Our morning got off to a rough start... and didn't really get better until a friend of mine stopped by for a little while. As my friend was getting ready to leave, Maddy dozed off. That was about an hour and a half ago!! Thank goodness for distractions! :)

Mostly I just wanted to check in with everyone. Since we've been home from the beach, we've given up on feeding Maddy baby food out of jars. We realized that we were throwing away more than she was eating, so we're done with that. We've moved on to table foods. So far we've tried lots of cookie/cracker type foods... bread of several varieties... lasagna (that was a sight to see)... peas... sandwiches (jelly, cream cheese, melted american cheese)... Does anyone have any other suggestions?? I think I'm going to try mashed potatoes soon. Tonight, Bryan and I are having marinated chicken, some type of veggie and maybe some pasta or something. I am hoping to give Maddy a little of everything that we're having (no marinade for her, though). If anyone has any suggestions of things to try, I'm all ears (or eyes as the case may be). Miss Maddy is getting more independent by the day, and thoroughly enjoys feeding herself, so finger foods are QUICKLY becoming our friend!!

I hope you all are wrapping up the week nicely. I know I'm looking forward to the weekend!

Love you guys!! :)

6 comments:

JP2E said...

Chicken nuggets, fries and the great American "mac-n-cheese" are traditional kid favorites!!! Of course there are always cereals like fruit loops and cheerio's that can be grabbed up and eaten dry. A banana is always a great desert for s kid as well...

Big Jim said...

Mac-N-Cheese or French fries. I would avoid a shot & beer for just a little longer.
Love.

Peggie said...

Sounds like you got things under control.... I'm sure Miss Maddy will let you know what she does and doesn't like!! I would say give her anything you guys eat, just be careful with the spices for her at least for a little while.

Talk to you soon.

Love ya!!

Peggie said...

I'd go with green mashed potatoes. Will give you something to look forward to in the AM.

Dad

CShore said...

Well hooray for solid foods!

I need to give you a call one of these days, I have a story for you.

Talk to you later.

Sue said...

Grits - That's my plan!