Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Where to Start?!?!

It's been so long since I've blogged, I'm sure that I won't remember to include EVERYTHING that's happened...

Let's start here, though...

As I'm sure you're all aware, my parents just came to visit for a long weekend. We had a BLAST!! I was very sad to see them leave yesterday, but such is life. While they were here, we took some pictures. Here are just a few:





While they were here, we went to the Buffalo Gap Historic Village. Here are a couple of pictures from there. I'll let my mom tell you more about that. It's just an old town that is set up. Buffalo Gap used to be the county seat. Here are those pictures:


(Check out the sign behind Bryan and Maddy in the above picture!! LoL.)


I was posing with the cactus... Impersonating it's willy-nilly-ness!! :)


Maddy was pretty much ready to go home at this point in the trip...


Grandmom was teaching Maddy to use the phone. Thanks, Grandmom!!


This one should give you a good little chuckle... We like to call this the "Maddy-Go-Round"...





On other news, we had a MARVELOUS Mother's Day. Bryan and Maddy gave me some fun new picture frames... and a FANTABULOUS ring. I would love to show you pictures of the ring, but we are having to get it repaired. One of the stones fell out on Sunday night. Once it's repaired and back in my hot little hands, I'll try to remember to take a picture of it to share.

Another Mother's Day gift that I received on Friday afternoon came in the form of some good news. We found out that Bryan will NOT be deploying this summer. Yep, you read that right. Bryan will be staying in the states this summer!! I think that deserves a GINORMOUS WOO-HOO!!! :) He will be going to instructor school in June to become an instructor navigator. That is a 6 week school, but that sure beats the pants off of a 4 month deployment to the desert!!!

Please keep Miss Maddy in your prayers. She has 6 teeth that have come in... and has 4 more on their way. Once these 4 come in, she'll have half of her teeth... In case you're trying to count, she's only 7 months old!!! At this rate, she'll have all her teeth before her first birthday!! Crazy, huh?!?! Maddy is pretty fussy this time around. She's had a little elevated temperature (nothing to call a fever, just a little above normal) and isn't sleeping well because of the teeth. I know that in the end we'll be thankful that they have all come in so close together and this whole process isn't dragging on for months or even years, but right now it's the pits for all parties involved. So, long story short, please say a little prayer for Miss Maddy that these teeth come through quickly!

One last little tid bit. Bryan, Maddy and I will be leaving Monday morning for a little mini vacation. We planned this trip when we thought he was deploying. We decided to keep our plans after we found out that he was not going. We are going to the beach at Port Aransas, TX. We'll give a review once we're home. We are both certain that this beach will be different from Tybee and Destin (the two beaches we frequented as children with our families), but we feel certain that we'll still enjoy our time there!!

I guess that's about it for now. Thanks for the visit Mom and Dad. We had a GREAT time!! Enjoy your new cowboy boots, and Mom, find somewhere special to hang those Nashville pictures we gave you for Mother's Day!

I hope everyone is having a great week!! It's hump day!! We're on the downhill slide!!

Love you guys!!

4 comments:

Peggie said...

We had a great time. I'll blog tomorrow with my viewpoint. Thanks for the hospitality. Glad Bryan isn't deploying....sorry you and Maddy aren't spending the summer with us!!! It's a double-edged sword, isn't it???

I love and miss you guys.....

Love ya!!

CShore said...

Glad to hear you guys had such a good visit. Hope you didn't wear mom and dad out too much before they come see me! Take care.

Big Jim said...

Great blog. The visit looks like it was fun for all. Happy Bryan will be safe at home for a while.
Love.

Sue said...

Maddy looks so happy to be surrounded by all those loving folks. She is a wonderful and beautiful little girl with LOTS of teeth. Goodness I don't think I know anyone who cut that many teeth so early. She is quite the little achiever. Love you!