Tuesday, January 12, 2010

She's Perfect!

Maddy had her 15 month check up today. I know, can you believe it?? She's 15 months old already!!! The doctor was very impressed with her. When he came into the exam room, Maddy was running from the wall to the door and back giggling the whole time. We just let her run around while he asked me some questions (How's she sleeping? How's she eating? Talking much?)... All the same questions that he usually asks. Once we were finished with the interrogation (just kidding), he listened to her breathe, checked her eyes and ears, and he was on his way.

Once he left, the nurse came in to give her 2 shots and stick her finger to test her iron levels. The iron test came back great. She was pretty ticked with the 2 shots, but after a little Mommy love, she was A-OK again.

She weighed in at 21.5 pounds and is 30.75 inches tall. We've already moved her to her toddler car seat, but if she was still in the infant seat, she'd officially be too tall now. Her seat is rated to 30 pounds and 30 inches. She was in the 25th percentile for the circumference of her head and her weight, and in the 50th percentile for her height. Basically this means that she isn't an average bobble-head toddler (woo hoo) and she's average height, but a little below average weight. Please do not read that as UNDERweight... She is just a little below average. Think of it as tall and thin! ;) Overall, the visit was a success! Maddy was very well behaved and is very healthy!!

I also asked while I was there about her napping habits (or lack there-of), and the doctor told me that if she just wants to have some quiet time in her room playing, that's perfectly fine at her age. Some kids her age (according to the doctor) are still taking two, two hour naps everyday while others are not napping at all. Maddy has never been a good napper, but her latest "trend" is to play in her crib (I can hear her over the baby monitor and it's really stinkin' cute) for quite a while instead of napping. Today, however, she played in her crib for about 20 minutes then slept for almost an hour and a half, so I had almost 2 hours all to myself!!! I can totally handle this new napping thing we're starting!! Here's hoping it continues!! :)

I guess that's about it for now. Bryan's parents will be visiting this weekend, so I better get to gettin' on at least picking up the house... I'll probably hold off on cleaning until it's a little closer to their arrival. I'm sure I'd have to re-do all the cleaning if I did it now. LoL. I LOVE having a toddler!! :)

Talk to everyone later!

Love you guys!! :)

5 comments:

Katie said...

P.S. Sorry that there are no pictures. I'll try to work on that for the next post! :)

Big Jim said...

Congratulations to Maddy and her family. Glad she is healthy and happ. Keep us informed because we really care. Love.

Peggie said...

It's always reassuring for your doctor to tell you that you're doing a good job with the gift God entrusted you with. As an "old mom", I must agree with him!! Maddy is thriving and the cutest little thing on the planet!!! Congrats on the good report and keep up the good work!!!! Love ya!!

Bill T said...

You wasted a co-pay. your mom and dad keep telling us Maddy is perfect.

JP2E said...

Glad she is so healthy! Sounds like it might be time to start recording height on the inside of a closet door. We mark each kid with a line, the height and the date. As you might guess, we have a very full closet door, but it is fun for the kids (and us) to "look back" at what size they were in the past...