Saturday, January 30, 2010

Car Show

Today, we're having a laid-back family day... We got up this morning and went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast (mmm... yummy)!! Then, we went to the grocery store. Bryan needed some things for his big trip that's coming up. $200 later, we were headed home. (I guess we picked up a little more than toiletries... HaHaHa!!) Shortly after we got home and got everything put away, our friends Mike & Breezy called to ask if we were planning to go to the car show that's in town this weekend. We thought that sounded like fun... especially since Breezy's '56 Chevy is in the show. Here are some pictures of us all with the car:




There were LOTS of cars there, but I didn't take very many pictures (mostly because I have gotten spoiled with using our DSLR camera, so my point-and-shoot wasn't giving me the results I wanted, which frustrated me a little. LoL).

The only other "car" I took pictures of was the "Heroes" truck. I've seen this truck on TV, but never in person. It was pretty awesome!! This guy has painted this truck as a memorial for the 9-11 attacks. Awesome doesn't even begin to describe it. Breezy and I were literally brought to tears just looking at it. If you ever get a chance to check it out, I HIGHLY recommend it!! Here are some of the pictures I took:










I think the rest of our day will be more family time (which I am really in need of right now)... I think we'll hang out this afternoon, then go out to dinner tonight (Mike & Breezy are somewhat extended family of ours here, and they may join us). After dinner, we may head to downtown Abilene to take some night photos. Olivia and I worked with using exposure and shutter speed at my last photography lesson, and my homework is to take some night photos. Our neighborhood isn't exactly conducive to night photography (i.e. it's boring and the street lights are no fun), so we're going to try to go downtown tonight where things are a little more photogenic!! :) Here's hoping that Maddy is up for it... She's our wild card these days!! ;)

My friend Diana is expected to have her baby girl Lilly very soon and has ever-so-graciously volunteered to allow me to take some "belly shots" as she likes to call them (maternity portraits) of her. She came over earlier this week, and I transformed our living room into a "studio". We got some good shots, and I've been busy "photoshopping" the pictures to add and take away some color and do some other neat things to the pictures. We're going to take a few more with her son Charlie (you all remember Charlie... He's the one who tried to teach Maddy to jump on the video) and her tomorrow. I hope they turn out cute!!! I don't know that I'll post any of the pictures since I'm not sure that Diana would want her preggo belly posted all over the Internet, but I use this blog to let you know what we've been up to, and, quite frankly, that's what we've been up to!! :)

I guess that's about it for now. Maddy's napping, so I think I'll go rest on the couch with Bryan for a bit!! I hope you're all having a great weekend!

Love you guys!! :)

3 comments:

Peggie said...

Evidently your weather is NOTHING like ours today.....We're not going anywhere because everything is encrusted in ice and snow.....I'd never even consider going out after dark tonight!!!

Great pictures. Tell Breezy I said she looks great too!!!

Talk to you soon.

Love ya!!

Katie said...

Yeah. It's just cold and windy, but we're drying out today!! :)

Big Jim said...

Good blog. hope your evening goes well. You really seem to enjoy that camera.
Love.