Saturday, November 6, 2010

I haven't forgotten...

...to blog about Amelia's arrival. It's just that having 2 little people is a little bit of work, and, quite frankly, when they sleep (at the same time), I try to do the same!! I was planning to upload some pictures today because Bryan and Maddy went to San Antonio for the day to go to an airshow (thus leaving me with the little person that eats, sleeps and poops... emphasis on the sleeps), but I forgot to get the photos off the camera before they took it with them... I DO have one picture that someone else took on my computer of the 4 of us that I'll let you see as a little sneak peek!! :)


Amelia's arrival was just about as smooth as I could have asked for. You may recall that Maddy came 2 days before her due date, so when I made it TO my due date with Amelia, I decided (after some discussion with the doctor) that it may have been in our best interest to induce labor. This was certainly not my first choice, but with the impending arrival of a houseful of company, the pressure got the best of me. I will say, however, that when I got to the hospital and got hooked up to the monitors, my contractions were already pretty regular at 4 - 5 minutes apart... BEFORE the induction even started. This is actually when all the books say that you should head to the hospital... We may have ended up there that night anyway, even if the induction wasn't scheduled... There were 3 steps that the doctor suggested we try to encourage Amelia to "come out and play" as Maddy began saying to my belly the last couple of weeks. :) The first step was scheduled to take about 12 hours. About 6 or 7 hours in, it was go time!! Shortly after my contractions got so intense, Amelia was here!! Just like Maddy, once the ball was rolling, things happened very quickly. This time it was so quick that the doctor didn't even make it in time!! HaHaHa. I had no idea that a nurse could deliver a baby, but I'm sure glad they are trained to do that!! :) Weighing in at 8 pounds, 8 ounces, Amelia is perfect in every way!!! We couldn't feel more blessed with our happy little family of four!! Oh yeah, and after all of Maddy's sleeping problems (which continue to this day), Amelia sleeps like a dream!! I sure hope that she keeps this up!!

In other news, just days before Amelia's arrival, Bryan and I took some 2-year portraits of Maddy. Here are a few of our favorites:










I hope you're all doing well... Again, sorry for the delayed post... and the lack of pictures of our newest princess!! I'll see what I can do in the next few days about that!!

Love you guys!! :)

7 comments:

Peggie said...

I think the only thing you forgot was "...and they all lived happily ever after..."

Great little family, great photos!!! Love you guys and miss those two precious little angels SOOOO MUCH!!!

Can't wait until my next visit.

Love ya!!

JP2E said...

Great BLOG, nice pix!! Maddy is getting so big! Looks like she will be great as a big sister. Keep posting so that we can keep up with things...

Olivia said...

AHHHHH! Hip-Hip-Hurray! I love these. I am not sure which I like better though, the one of the family all together of the ones of Maddy! You really did a great job on perspective. And I like the block theme too. Amelia looks so precious. I can't even believe it! Just take every day one at a time. Sending our love and thoughts to you all.

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Katie and Bryan. Your two girls are precious. Katie, you came close to beating my labor time with Blair. I had him in two hours and twenty minutes. Unlike you, though, my doctor managed to get there by the skin of his teeth. The nurse had another doctor standing by just in case. I promise you will eventually adjust to having two kids in the house.

CShore said...

Hey sis, great photos. See you in a few weeks. I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing so well!

Jenn said...

So precious.. I so need to update my blog sometime soon.. lol

Sue said...

These photos are fabulous. You are have a wonderful family! We love all of you.