Friday, March 18, 2011

It's Been A Week...

It's been a week since I last posted, so I thought I'd check in with everyone...

Everyone is still healthy (thank God), so maybe we're past the winter-time crud!! Wouldn't that be nice?!?!

On Monday the girls and I went up to the flight line to visit with Bryan and his classmates. Another wife and I were "volun-told" that we would be taking the class photo with the T-6. Tamara (the other wife) is an amazing photographer. Together, we got some good shots of the guys. Since we were all there, and had a T-6 parked just for us, we took some "couples" shots for everyone... Of course, we are the only ones with kids, so we did a family shot, too. Here are a few of the photos from that day:












We got to go have lunch yesterday with Bryan and the guys from his flight. The wives all made a potluck-style Italian lunch and took it to the flight room for them. Since we all contributed, we decided to stay and eat with them. The girls had a GREAT time!! In honor of St. Patrick's Day, I made a chocolate Guinness cake that was DELICIOUS!!! Everyone enjoyed it!! :-) Sorry, no photos from lunch!!

Today, the girls and I have just been hanging out. I let Amelia play in the ball pit with Maddy, and I think they had a great time together!! What do you think??









With it being Lent, I am trying really hard to include Maddy in the no meat on Fridays thing this year. I feel certain that she's too young to give anything up just yet, but as a family, we can abstain from meat one day out of the week. For lunch today, I decided to give fish sticks a try with Maddy. Guess what?!?! She LOVED them!! The ketchup helped, of course, but she ate almost everything on her plate!! :-) Yay for new options!!!




And, just for good measure, here's a photo of Amelia wishing she could have fish sticks, too!!



Tonight, we're having Supreme Bean Burritos... Since Bryan isn't Catholic, he doesn't technically have to abstain from meat... However, since Maddy is 2, I think it would be very difficult to explain why she and I are eating PB&J and Daddy gets to have a steak, so he is joining us this year... at least when he's at home. Rumor has it that there was a big, juicy burger in his future for lunch today!! ;-)

I think that's about it from us!! Hope to hear from all of you soon!!

Love you guys!!

3 comments:

JP2E said...

Looks like a lot of fun for the family and the guys from Bryans flight. Glad things are going well for everyone there.
And, I TOLD you Maddy would love fish sticks, kids can't resist them. Tater tot's are also great. As you noticed, they are all just a vehicle for the kethup, the real star of the show.
Blessings to all...

Our Journey said...

Hey Katie just wanted you to know I checked in on you... looks like all is well your way and the girls are looking fantastic!! Talk to you soon- Love Gina

Jenn said...

The pics came out great.. and the girls are too cute