Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Great Birthday!!

Today was a GREAT day!!! My mom and I took Maddy for her first REAL mall experience. Abilene has a mall, but the stores are pretty crummy, so we took her to Charlotte to the South Park mall where she got to see all kinds of GREAT stores. Here are a few pictures of us posing in front of some of the stores to commemorate the event:



Here we are in front of Neiman Marcus:



And in front of Louis Vuitton:



In front of Hermes:




We were not invited into Tiffany & Co. A man walked in while we were taking this picture, and they closed the doors. I guess he must have been someone special!! :)



And the Kate Spade store...



This was Maddy's favorite store... GYMBOREE. I think she liked this one best because she got a new outfit! :)



Maddy modeled this ADORABLE hat at The Children's Place. I didn't buy it for her... even though she was TOO CUTE!!! :)



Then, we had lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. We shared a Chicken Parmesan sandwich and a piece of White Chocolate Macadamia nut cheesecake. NUMMERS!!! :)



Then, Maddy fell asleep in Grandmom's arms at lunch.



When we got home, I noticed a package by the front door, and my sweet husband had sent flowers for my birthday. He's always such a nice guy!! Thanks honey! We missed you today, but know that you'll be home as soon as you can be!!


Now that Maddy is in bed, the adults are having hot fudge brownies a la mode. That's one of my FAVORITES!! We had burritos for dinner (another favorite). I have had such a great birthday!! Maddy was so well behaved all day, and she went to sleep very easily. My mom and I had a great time shopping. Overall, this birthday was GREAT!! Way better than last year when I had to work late (thanks, Roberto) and didn't feel well all day (thanks, Maddy)!!

Here's a picture of me with my hot fudge brownie a la mode:


I hope that everyone else had a GREAT day!! Talk to you later! Love you guys!! :)

5 comments:

CShore said...

Glad to hear that you had such a great time on your Birthday. It's nice to see 3 generations of women out spending their money to stimulate the economy haha!

Peggie said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed your big day. I thoroughly enjoyed it and Maddy told me she had a BLAST!!!

Maybe next year we can go to another mall in Charlotte.... ::hint::hint::

Happy Happy Birthday to you!!!

Love ya!!

JP2E said...

It must be a family thing. Just like my sister, I too can bore grandchildren to sleep with vry little effort.
Nice work Granny Peg!!!

Leslie Kay said...

Happy Birthday Katie. It looks like Maddy and Jacee have something in commen. She loves to shop too!!!!

Sue said...

I love all the photos. Granny Peggie especially looks very happy with that precious baby in her arms.