Saturday, March 28, 2009

Baby's Best Friend

Well, everyone, the friendship is continuing to develop. Yesterday, I sat Maddy on her blanket on the floor to play while I went in the kitchen to clean up (I could still see her and she could still see me, so this arrangement worked out well). As soon as I set her down, the, now gentler, Nash-A-Nator took a seat next to Maddy, and this is what Maddy thought:









Please note that none of that was posed. Maddy LOVES playing with Nash. She giggles when he licks her. He is very gentle with her. I am loving that they're getting along so well. I still have to watch Nash very closely for a few reasons. The two biggest being that if he gets too excited, he's still HUGE compared to Maddy and I worry that he'll trample her, and the second reason being that he really likes to lick her face. I'm NOT a fan of that!!

We're having a lazy morning so far. Bryan got up with Maddy so I could sleep in a little. I'm feeling a bit more human after getting an extra hour of sleep this morning. Maddy just went down for a nap, so Bryan and I are going to FINALLY hang the maternity portraits that we had taken before Maddy was born (almost 6 months ago). Maddy made her appearance a little earlier than we had anticipated, so we only had frames for the portraits one day before her birthday. Thus, the delay in getting them on the walls. We LOVE them and want to show them off, and things are finally settling down enough that we can make time for that.

I learned a little cooking trick this morning that I wanted to share with everyone. While some/all of you may already know this trick, it was news to me. If you are measuring something like honey or a syrup, Ms. Dean suggested that you spray the measuring cup with nonstick cooking spray before you measure the ingredient. Then, when you pour out the honey or whatever it is, it will slide out a little easier. I tell you what. That Paula is one smart lady!!! Love me some buttta!! :)

I guess that's it for now. I better go talk with Bryan about where we want those pictures before Maddy wakes up!!

Love you guys!! :)

6 comments:

Big Jim said...

I still think a saddle is in order. Glad they enjoy each other. Watch that Maddy doesn't go for Nash's eyes. babies seem to be fascinated with those.
Love.

JP2E said...

Cute pix! Maddy is adorable, as always. Who's the tall kid with the big nose?...

Peggie said...

I knew the big lug would warm up to the adorable little cupcake!! I'm glad they are playing so nicely together. Unfortunately for Nash, if there's a problem he's the only one who can be put outside or in time out!!! LOL

Keep those photos and videos coming.... We LOVE them!!!

Love ya!

Bill T said...

The only way to stop ihe face licking is to stop the slobering. It worked for me.

CShore said...

No one believes me when I show them pictures like this and tell them the baby is 6 months old and that is a chocolate lab haha.

Sue said...

What an adorable Maddy and her protector Nash.

I, too, saw that cooking
hint from Paula Deen and I agree that is a very good thing to know.