Monday, June 8, 2009

Splish Splash...

...Maddy was takin a bath!!

We bought Maddy her first bottle of bubble bath this weekend, and she LOVED it!! Until very recently, pediatricians did not recommend giving babies bubble baths for a myriad of reasons, but Johnson and Johnson's has come out with a new baby bubble bath that is approved for babies. I was a little worried because I've heard of some kids being afraid of bubble baths, but Maddy didn't have the first problem with it!! Check out some pictures of Maddy in her first ever bubble bath:





In other news, we are sad to say that Bryan's commander is moving to another base and another job. The McIntyre's have been WONDERFUL!! We will miss them more than you can imagine. Col. and Mrs. Howard will be taking over command of the squadron. I plan to go to a "meet and greet" for Mrs. Howard tonight. She's got some big shoes to fill. I hope she's up for the challenge!! Before the McIntyre's left, though, there was a HUGE farewell party this past weekend. Maddy went with us. Check her out in her ADORABLE halter dress:





After the farewell party, the newly promoted Captains hosted the "after party". This is the part of the blog where I'd like to congratulate Bryan on his promotion!! Yes, he is no longer Lt. Williams. He is now CAPTAIN Williams!! Congrats!! :)

Maddy has been working on a bit of baby sign language with us too. She has already learned "all done" to tell us when she's had enough to eat. Now, we're working on "more" when she wants more to eat and "milk" when she's thirsty. I'll try to get a couple of videos to show you. I'm so amazed at how quickly she's picked up on this. I had my doubts, so I decided to learn the signs myself and teach them to her rather than sign up for a class. We may think about the class now that she's picking up on it so quickly!! Way to go girly!!

Does everyone remember my friend Heather who was having complications with her pregnancy?? Well, I have good news. She delivered a beautiful, healthy baby girl this past Friday. Isabella was born 5 weeks early at 5 pounds, 2 ounces and 11 3/4 inches. She's a tiny little girl, but overall is doing very well.

My final note is to let everyone know that today Maddy turned 8 months old!! Can you believe it?!?! Only 4 more months until the BIG CELEBRATION!!!

3 comments:

Bill T said...

I can't beleave she is ready to hit the big 01. Congrats to Btyan. You may not know this but Grandpop was a captian in the old days.

Peggie said...

Lots of news....and all of it good!!!! Way to go!!!! :-D

Congrats to Bryan. We're all proud of him and what he does for all of us.

Maddy just continues to amaze us. She's just about the cutest thing I've ever seen!!! (And I'm not biased either ;)

Keep on keeping happy and keeping us posted.

Love ya!!

CShore said...

Sounds like things are still moving along at warp speed for you! Don't forget to relax every now and then. Tell Bryan congrats.