Friday, June 19, 2009

What do you want?

This has become a BIG question in our house as Maddy is mastering a little more of the sign language. Our latest sign is "more". Maddy is to use this sign whenever she wants more of something, obviously, but we usually use it during mealtime. While I may still have to guess what it is that she wants more of, at least I know that the grunting means that she wants more of something! LoL. So, now she knows how to tell me when she's "all done" eating, when she wants milk and when she wants more to eat. I tell you what... This whole baby sign language thing is GREAT!!! Check out this short video of Maddy telling me that she wants more at lunch today:






Now, another short video to show you how grown up Maddy is becoming. She can drink out of her sippy cup all by herself now!! Sometimes she really wants help (not sure where she gets her laziness from... hahaha). Sometimes I'll help her (especially if she seems really tired or something), but most of the time she drinks all by herself!! Can you believe it?!?! Here's the video:







Maddy's friend Sophi... We all remember Sophi, right? She's 3 weeks older than Maddy... Started crawling last night. Unfortunately, her mom and dad are both deployed right now, so while they missed the monumental moment, her aunt (who is taking care of her) was kind enough to video tape the moment and send her to her mom and dad for her. The race is on now... Maddy has 3 weeks. HaHaHa. Just kidding. Maddy gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth. Occasionally, she'll take a tiny little "step". Life as we know it is about to COMPLETELY change!!!

I have a surprise up my sleeve for Bryan for Father's Day since he couldn't be home with us this year, so check out my blog on Sunday (or Monday if it's too crazy on Sunday -- for me or you) and see what I've cooked up for his first Father's Day... :)

Have a great weekend everyone!! TGIF!! Love you guys!! :)

5 comments:

JP2E said...

Baby sign language is so cool. Of course, Maddy is so cute and smart.

I am amazed that she is already using her sippy cup so well.
I am excited to see the Fathers Day surprise.
Aunt Sue (using Uncle Jim's lap top)

Big Jim said...

Neat videos. She is coming along just nicely. Does she have a job yet?
Love.

CShore said...

The sign language thing is pretty cool. I work with a mumbler. I wonder if it would work on him?

Peggie said...

Thanks for sharing Maddy with us!! The sign language is coming along nicely...

Glad all is well in Abilene.

Talk to you soon.

Love ya!!!

Sue said...

I am really impressed with the baby sign language. I love the videos!