Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I'm Done With Texas!!

Just a little note to let anyone who cares know that I'm officially over Texas... Last night, I noticed a postcard-size advertisement on the ground on my front porch, so I thought I should go out and pick it up before it blows away and litters someone else's front porch. I saw what I thought was a piece of rope next to one of my pumpkins that's decorating my porch. Oh, but wait, that rope is moving... Oh yeah, that's right... It was a SNAKE!! I screamed, Bryan hung up the phone with his parents (who he was talking to at the time... sorry about that), and he came running. He went out to the shed in the backyard and got the garden hoe, but was unable to get it before it slithered into the bushes in front of the house... We never found him again... So, now, I have a nasty rattlesnake living in my front bushes!! And, yes, Bryan (who knows a great deal more about snakes than I do) verified that it was, indeed, a rattlesnake!! That makes the SECOND snake I've seen and we've not been able to kill since this spring... I'M DONE!!!

Thank you for listening to me rant... You may no go on about your business!!

7 comments:

Peggie said...

Well, since I'm a silver lining kinda gal, I'd like to think it's the SAME snake. I know, a snake is a snake, but A snake is much better than 2 snakes, right???? Well, very soon the weather will be too cold and it will either die or go away.......until NEXT Spring.....something to look forward to!!!

Love ya!!

JP2E said...

maybe you can ask Santa for a mongoose for Christmas...

CShore said...

We don't have any at our house. Don't tell April or she'll never come visit again!

BTW, April wants me to put this out at our house, just in case...

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&productId=100619203&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=100619203&cm_mmc=shopping-_-googlebase-_-D28X-_-100619203


If you try it, let me know if it works. I have been wracking my brains trying to figure out what I'm going to do if we buy a house in the country. She is terrified of them!

Oh, and it didn't happen if there aren't any pictures sis :D

Sue said...

Snakes OOOOOH I hate them, too. I hope you can kill this one soon.

Katie said...

Chris, maybe that's what we should buy... If it works, it'd be worth the money!! :)

Big Jim said...

I'm with you, I hate snakes. I don't like anything I can't reason with.
Love.

aprilshore said...

I love you guys, but just so you know, I won't be visiting again until I have been assured the snake is gone! Seriously, I would not go out the front door for a week or so. I am just that type! I told my boss if there was ever a snake in my driveway I would call out to work! Hope the Snake-A-Way works!