Saturday, March 13, 2010

Another Photography Lesson

Hey everyone! After taking a little break from my photography lessons (for various reasons), we resumed this past week! It was so great to get back to it! This week's lesson was taking portraits in the studio. A friend of Olivia's (my instructor) came over and we took some maternity portraits for her. Since I didn't ask her permission, I won't be posting any of those photos on here, but I will say that I was AMAZED at the difference that the lights Olivia has made with the quality of the portraits!! I see a Christmas gift in my future... Oh wait, what's that you say? Mother's day is right around the corner?? Good point! I'm glad you mentioned that! (Bryan, are you reading this?) My homework this week is to choose a couple of people and borrow Olivia's studio to take some portraits. I've chosen my friend Diana's new baby girl Lilly and, of course, the princess herself, Maddy. I took a little poll on Facebook for ideas for Maddy's portraits and have made my decision. Once I take them and discuss them with Olivia, I'll post them on here. (I like for my homework to be a surprise when I show the photos to Olivia, and she reads my blog. Hi Olivia!)

Here are some of my photos from my last lesson's homework:











I hope you enjoyed these pictures! I can't wait to share more with you soon!

Have a great weekend!

Love you guys! :)

4 comments:

Peggie said...

Great pictures!! But it's hard to go wrong with such a perfect subject!! (Ha ha) And btw, I think Nash needs a pet-icure..... LOL....

Looks like things are rolling along nicely with your lessons. I can't wait to see the studio shots.... Keep up the good work!!

Love ya!!

Sue said...

I am very impressed. What kind of camera are you using? I would love to take lessons. You have inspired me to check out the opportunities to do that.

Katie said...

Aunt Sue, we were given a Nikon D70 as a wedding gift, so that's what I've been using, and I LOVE IT!!! It does so many things, but if you don't know how to use those features, which I didn't until recently, there are several automatic settings which do wonderful things, too. Even though I know how to do a lot of the manual things now, I do still use the automatic settings a lot. I would assume that in Atlanta you should be able to find all sorts of opportunities for lessons. Abilene is a different story, but I LOVE the situation I'm in with my instructor!!! I'm thrilled that it has worked out the way it has!! Good luck!! :)

CShore said...

I like the look Nash gave the camera.

"Start over at the beginning... You woke me up for what exactly?"