Monday, January 9, 2012

Part Deaux!!

No sooner did we get home from Kelly's wedding, it was time to load up in the family truckster and start the road trip to end all road trips... We left our house on December 15 and headed towards Atlanta for the big Towhey family extravaganza!! We had SO MUCH FUN!! I couldn't believe that every single person was there!! All of my mom's brothers, each of their wives, every one of their children, every spouse that has been added to the family and their children (ok, that means Maddy & Amelia)!! I think the final head count made it to 30!! The food was outstanding, and the company was even better!! I wish I could say "let's do it again next year", but I'm afraid that the Williams family won't be making it for a couple of years... Anyway, here's the big family photo!! I know that most of you have seen it, but I do have a few readers (Hi Tara!) who haven't, so here it is!!



After the extravaganza, we all piled back in the trusty 'ole Acadia for a drive to Charlotte where we spent Christmas with my parents and my dad's parents. We had a great visit!! We didn't take too many photos as we were busy spending time together!! Here are a few that we DID get, though...


Maddy helped Grandmom bake Christmas cookies this year...



She didn't like the sound of the mixer...



Ironically, Amelia thought the sound of the mixer was hysterical!!



This crazy girl liked the taste of flour... Ewww!!



She decorated like a PRO!!



Amelia thoroughly enjoyed the final product!!



The girls all dressed and ready for Christmas Eve mass..


Our sweet little family...


The girls with my dad's parents


We put out cookies for Santa!! Guess who is excited?!?!



We left Charlotte on the 26th and headed to Franklin where we obviously had too much fun because I realized while writing this blog that I have absolutely no photos of our time there. I think there are a few on my phone, but I haven't uploaded those to the computer... While we were there, though, we went to Cheekwood and saw a really cool train exhibit (Thomas the train was even there), we had breakfast at the Loveless Cafe, and Bryan, Maddy, Jay, Jenny and Chris went to a Predator's Hockey game!! We had a really great time!

We left Franklin on the 31st and started our long drive home. We stopped for lunch in Memphis and met up with Bryan's friend from college, Josh. It was great to get to see him!! New Year's morning we stopped in Dallas to visit with Breezy at the COOLEST McDonald's (thanks for finding it, Breezy)!! I think we were there for 2 hours!! I LOVED getting to see her and catch up even though it wasn't a long enough visit (Is there such a thing??)!! After that we finished our drive home and have been recovering ever since!!

I think that catches us up... We are now in pre-moving mode!! We're getting everything organized for our move to Little Rock!! We can't wait to catch up with some of our friends there!! After that, GERMANY HERE WE COME!!! I'll try to post again soon, but let's not all hold our breath!! I love you guys way too much to harm you in any way!! HaHaHa!!

Love you guys!! :-)

5 comments:

Katie said...

I'm just commenting so I can sign up to have comments emailed to me!! :-)

aprilshore said...

I am so glad that we got to spend time together over the holidays! I am sure we will be able to come see you in Little Rock. Can't wait!

Olivia said...

Wow, Maddy looks so big now. I can't believe how beautiful she is. You have been so busy! These photos are so fun. I am so glad your friend encouraged you to post! I am praying for safety and little blessings, Love ya!

Katie said...

Thanks Olivia!! We miss you so much!! Hope you're doing well!! :-)

Sue said...

It was wonderful to see yall at the wedding and the Towhey christmas party. The girls are so adorable.