Friday, May 30, 2008

It's Finally Friday!

So, yes, I DO realize that I only worked two days this week, but I was still in need of another weekend!! Not too sure why these two days were so long, but suffice it to say, THEY WERE!! Now, it's Friday night, and I'm sitting on the couch with my feet up... This is a big deal because my little piggies are a lot swollen tonight...

After work, my friend Jessica and I went out to do some running around. The first place we stopped was at the "paint your own pottery" place. A little over a week ago, the spouses' group met here and we all painted our own pieces of pottery. The way it works, though, is that you leave it, and they fire it in the kiln then put a glaze over it. They allow themselves a couple of days to get this done before you are able to pick it up again. So, we had waited long enough, and stopped by there tonight to pick up our pieces. Here's a picture of the platter I painted... I think it turned out pretty darn cute!!


After we picked up our pottery, we went to KFC for dinner. Yesterday in the mail we both got coupons for KFC, and it looked and sounded REALLY good, so we were both very excited at the thought of going tonight. We agreed after our meal that the KFC was not as good now as it was when we were kids. It wasn't bad, but it was an entire meal for less than $5...

After our KFC stop, we went grocery shopping. I had told her that I wanted to go tonight, whether she joined me or not. I just didn't want to be bothered with having to get up in the morning and going. I got all my groceries for the next week (I think), so now that's checked off my weekend to-do list.

Once I got home, it was already 8:30, but I wasn't done with my evening yet. Tomorrow night Roberto, my boss, is hosting a bar-b-que at his house, so I made my mom's famous "ugly dip" to take. It's so much better if it marinates overnight, so I put it together tonight and will take it with me tomorrow night!

Now, like I said, I'm sitting on the couch with my feet up... FINALLY! Nash just put himself to bed, and the baby seems to be a little restless (she's moving like crazy tonight), so I think I'll go hit the hay!!

Love you guys!!

I LOVE YOU, BRYAN!!!

3 comments:

Peggie said...

Good blog. Sounds like you are settling back in nicely. Your platter turned out VERY cute!! You did a great job on it. Keep putting your feet up....it's good for both of you!! Talk to you soon. Love ya!!

JP2E said...

KFC is still good, and it will get better when the baby can start making a mess at their table instead of yours!(LOL)
Glad you are doing so well and managing to stay busy and healthy for your full term.
Sounds like the visit to Mom and Dad's place was great. Next thing will be hubby and baby...

CShore said...

KFC does sound good, but its just not on the menu for me these days, so I'm jealous! Glad to hear things are moving along so swimmingly for you. Talk to you later.