Sunday, May 25, 2008

Travels...

Well, everyone, I made it to the parental units' house safe and sound yesterday afternoon... Not without drama, though. Who would have expected anything else??

I got to the airport in Abilene VERY early. We no longer have a parking lot that is close enough to walk to the terminal, so I didn't know how long the shuttle would take to get me from the parking lot to the building. I decided to play it safe rather than sorry. Turns out, that shuttle is pretty darn quick!! After checking in and going through security, I went to sit by my gate. I need you to visualize this, though... our little airport has a total of four gates and there is one main area in the middle of the gates where everyone sits!! HaHaHa... Since I got there so early, it felt like I was there FOREVER. Finally around 8:10 they let us board. We all got on board and got situated. About 10 minutes later they came over the intercom and told us that due to maintenance issues, we all had to get off... This particular plane was not going anywhere today!! So, we all unloaded and went back to the terminal. Upon returning to the terminal, we were told that this was the only plane going to Dallas that day (mind you, the only place to go from Abilene is Dallas), so our choices were to take a bus from Abilene to Dallas or wait until tomorrow (Sunday). While I was not a fan of either of these options, the bus was more appealing than the going back home... No more than five minutes later, they came BACK on the intercom to tell us that they were just kidding... the plane is now miraculously fly-able. I will not lie, I was a little nervous, but I hesitantly got on, and I'm pleased to report, the drama ended there!

I got to Dallas with about 30 minutes to change terminals and grab a bite to eat. That actually turned out to be PLENTY of time! I boarded my plane and was on my way to see my folks!!! We landed right on time and before my bags even came out, they were there waiting for me!!! I think that deserves a WOO-HOO!!

So, even though the day started out a little icky and stressful, it turned out to be A-OK!!!

Last night my parents took me out to Jomar's for dinner. It's a buffet place with fried chicken, meatloaf, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, and all that sort of stuff... It was pretty good! It was nice to go out to eat with them... I haven't done that in a LONG time!

After we got home, I share some pictures with them of everything I've been up to since we last saw each other, and they shared their Alaska pictures with me. About midnight, we all finally decided it was time to turn in for the night! :)

We're all up and moving now... I think that my mom and I are going to go shopping a bit later today. I'm REALLY excited about that!!! :)

Hopefully I'll blog again soon... Love you guys!

I LOVE YOU, BRYAN!!

5 comments:

Big Jim said...

Sounds pretty good to start your visit. Sorry we won't get to see you this time.
Love.

CShore said...

Always an adventure, huh? Have a great trip and hug them both for me.

JP2E said...

Next time tell the airline you are expecting and get a wheelchair. Then you get on and off quick and easy. That also makes THEM responsible to get you to the right gate at the right time!
If all else fails, kick your Dad in the shins and put him in the wheelchair (see Mom's BLOG). That may not help, but it is funny (LOL).
Keep in touch, and enjoy your visit...

Mike 2e said...

Glad you made it safe and sound. Hopefuly the trip home will be a little smoother.

Peggie said...

So, I finally got around to commenting on your blog. You know how busy I've been!! LOL I'm so glad to have you here. Shopping was fun!! If you don't want to go home, that's A-OK with me.....I'll be glad to take care of you!!! Love ya!