Sunday, July 27, 2008

Week 30...

Good evening everyone! It has been a very busy weekend in the Williams household!!

Friday evening Bryan and I taped off the walls in Maddy's room. After we finished with that, we went to the Bonzai Japanese Steak House. It is, as my dad so affectionately calls it, a "cutty uppy" place! It is new here in Abilene, and it was EXCELLENT! I even got to eat some sushi. Don't worry, though, everything I ate was cooked... I promise! After dinner, we came home and Bryan put the first coat of primer on the walls. When he finished (it was already about 9 PM by this time), we headed to the grocery store. We finally got home around 10, Bryan put a second coat of primer on the walls, and we headed off to bed.

Yesterday, I had a meeting to attend at work, so I got up and went to that. While I was gone, our friend Angela came over to help Bryan start painting. When I got home, I quickly got started on Southwestern Egg Rolls for lunch. I promised that when they painted, I'd thank them with this treat. We had lunch, then Bryan and Angela finished up while I worked on some laundry, etc. When they were finished, Angela headed home, and everyone got ready to go to the movies. We saw the new Batman movie last night. It was pretty good, but it was VERY intense.

Today, Bryan and I were exhausted, so we opted to sleep in and miss church... Oops... After we got up, we ran a couple of errands... Including going to Target to get a bookshelf for Maddy's room. I decided that with a grandmother that's a librarian (Bryan's mom), she'd need a place to put all of her books... She's already starting quite a collection for us! Then, we went to Petsmart. Nash has been having a problem with getting blisters/tearing the pads on his feet when we take him for walks. We bought some stuff to put on them that's supposed to prevent that from happening. We also got a couple more little things to finish Maddy's room (painter's tape, new switchplate covers [the old ones were blue], etc.). We came back home and Bryan finished up her room... Check it out:



























I think you can tell, but just in case you can't, the room is pink with a brown stripe and pink polka dots on 3 walls and the reverse (brown walls with a pink stripe and brown polka dots) on the remaining wall. I think Bryan and Angela did an EXCELLENT job!! We have textured walls, so the dots are not perfectly round, but Bryan is going to touch them up by hand in the next day or so... I LOVE IT, though!!! It's exactly what I had imagined!!!!!

Once we took all the tape down and cleaned up a bit, we did a few more household chores. Then, we started creating our "to do" list. We have some home improvement-type things we'd like to get done. The first thing on the list was to get the sprinkler system working again. We started that project tonight. I got to stand outside while Bryan was in the garage turning on the different zones of the sprinkler, and I'd give a "yay" or a "nay" depending on if the sprinkler heads popped out of the ground or not. For the most part, everything was working very well. There are a couple in the backyard that will need a little TLC, but we feel confident that we know how to fix them, and plan to do-so this week sometime!

Last, but not least, this coming Friday will be 30 weeks of the pregnancy... That means only 10 more weeks until we're full term, and have reached Maddy's due date. Maddy and I are still doing VERY well!! She's more active than ever. She makes sure that I know that she's getting cramped by pushing on my ribs almost constantly. I'm sure this is one of those things that will get worse before it gets better... No biggie, though... It's all part of it!! So, that being said, here are this week's pictures... Be warned... It's finally happened... My shirt and pants no longer meet. LoL. I COULD make them meet, but once I pull them together, I'd have to stand perfectly still. Any movement whatsoever causes the shirt to slide up. Oh well... It's not like I wear that outfit out to dinner or anything!! Here we are:



























Have a great week everyone!! Love ya!! :)

6 comments:

Big Jim said...

Wow!! I'm tired just reading what you got don in one weekend. Your still looking good. The room looks womderful, you have good taste.
Love.

Peggie said...

You guys got a LOT done this weekend!! The baby's room looks really cute. You guys did a great job. I can't wait to see the finished product!! Hope you get everything else on your "to do" list done as easily as you got this job done. Your "belly pictures" are great. You have really popped right out there!! Talk to you soon. Love ya!!

JP2E said...

The room looks great. Like I said before, it kinda' reminds me of ice cream.
You look healthy and happy in the pix, and I'm sure that will continue.
Is there a little pop up thingy in your belly button to tell you when the baby is ready? That works pretty well for the turkey at thanksgiving...

CShore said...

It's always interesting to me to come post a comment, because it takes me from a picture of you all preggers and stuff (there's that EMT training coming in handy) to a picture of you from your wedding. You've come a long way baby! :D

The room looks great. You guys did a fantastic job with it. Glad to hear that the pregnancy is still going swimingly.

I'm sure the restaurant was good, but I'm equally sure it was no DING HOW!!!!

Peggie said...

Dad here:
Cutty Uppy, I think you owe me a royalty check for using the term without permission.
If it gives you any solace, both your Uncle Bill and I have that same problem with pants and shirt not meeting in the middle real well.
Room looks great and I like the colors. Can not wait to see the room, you guys and especially Maddy.

aprilshore said...

The room looks great! We have also been embarking on home improvement, so I feel your pain. Good luck!