Wednesday, July 2, 2008

What an exciting day?!?!

Good evening all... I'm breaking my new "once a week blog" thing because we had some excitement today...

We started out the day with the boys (read: Bryan and Nash) taking me to work... Nash rested his head on the center console from the back seat and enjoyed the ride:


Doesn't he look absolutely thrilled?!?!

So, they dropped me off, and I worked until about 1:30 when Bryan came back and picked me up. Upon picking me up, we ran a couple of errands, including a little lunch, then headed to the GMC dealership to pick up our BRAND NEW GMC ACADIA!!!! Check out the pictures we took this evening:












Even Maddy will be "riding in style"...



This thing has just about every bell and whistle any one could ask for... and then some... It has seating for 7, a DVD system with a fold-down screen in the back, remote start, power rear liftgate, the mirrors automatically tilt down when you put the car in reverse. It has a back-up assistance feature which has lights that come on inside the vehicle as you get closer to something when you are backing up, and if you get too close, it'll start beeping at you (I haven't gotten to try this feature out yet... Bryan won't stand behind the car to let me test it out...HaHaHa). It has the head's up display, so you don't ever have to take your eyes off the road to see your speed, etc. As you can see from the pictures, all the seats in the 2 back rows fold completely flat, so if we needed to put something big in the back, we could with no problems. The list goes on and on... The only 2 features that it does not have are the in-dash navigation system (GPS) and a sunroof. These were both options that we said "no" to. We just bought a GPS and we didn't like the looks of the sunroof.

We are very pleased with our decision. Obviously, this car is bigger than either of the ones we previously drove, but I think that we will adjust just fine. Oh yeah, and it has air bags EVERYWHERE...

Well, after such an exciting day, and taking a benedryl for my allergies, I think I will head to bed now. I'm sure there will be more pictures of the "new ride" in the coming weeks... and I'm sure that there will be stories of other features we learn about. This car is almost too technical for us. I'm sure we'll "manage" just fine, though!

Love you guys!!

6 comments:

Peggie said...

Congrats!! She's a beauty!! Take good care of her....don't close the rear bumper in the garage door....:( I know you guys are excited. I can't wait to see it in person, but I guess I'll just have to wait....Love ya!!!

Catherine said...

Congrats! It looks fantastic! Now I can continue to think of you when I see an Acadia drive down the road:)

CShore said...

Swanky new G ride you got there sis, congrats. Enjoy it.

Big Jim said...

All the best of luck with your new vehicle. It really look great. I know baby & dog will love it.
Love.

Sue said...

Love all the photos and love your new car. Awesome! I'll bet it is a comfy ride.

JP2E said...

Don't take benedryl and drive!
I guess the pooch will be riding in the other car from now on, right?