Sunday, July 6, 2008

Weekly Check-In...

Good evening all!! It's that time again... time for the weekly check-in, so here I am!! It doesn't seem like much has happened since I last blogged, but I feel certain that I'll ramble on about nothing... so here goes!!

We did a 4th of July BBQ at our friends Mike & Breezy's house. They live at the same address two streets over. Bryan got up practically in the middle of the night to start smoking a beef brisket. Nash joined him. They had good male bonding all morning until I got up. About 12 or 13 hours later, the brisket was complete. I had made Ugly Dip, fruit salad and cheesecake dip. Oh, and Bryan also smoked 2 racks of ribs. Once all of our food was prepared, we loaded up the car and drove to Mike & Breezy's house. They had made all kinds of burgers, brats, macaroni salad, etc., too, so we had TONS to eat. There were some other people there... a couple were family members of Breezy's and a few were other families from the squadron. We had a really good time. Once we were finished eating and cleaning up, Mike, Breezy, Bryan, me, and another family all piled into our car and the other family's minivan to go watch the fireworks. I drove since it seemed like the safest option... I have been told that I'm the 9 month designated driver. LoL. I don't mind, though... Safe is always a good option. When we got there, I had TWO (count 'em) TWO backseat drivers... Mike and Bryan were giving me directions on where to park... and I ended up hauling my big ole Acadia up onto the grass... over the curb... That was a new adventure for me!!

Yesterday was a run-around-doing-errands kind of day... We just had a few places in town we wanted to go and get a few things. We ended our day at Lowe's where we chose a couple of paint samples and got some tiny containers of each color.

Today, we put a sploch (how's that for a technical term?) of each color on the wall. We had Mike & Breezy over to get their opinions on which colors looked the best for Maddy's room. We plan for the room to have three pink walls and a chocolate brown wall. We all agreed on the brown color, but both of the pinks we had samples of were a little too "pink" for our liking. We went back to the drawing board, and to Lowe's and wound up with a VERY pale pink. We got a sample of that and painted another sploch on the wall. We're sold! Now, we have gone back to Lowe's and gotten a gallon of each color... and some flat white paint (to use as a primer).

Mike & Breezy have purchased a new truck. The dealership sent a couple out to Dallas to get it for them. It came in early last week, and Mike took one look at it and told them that was not at all what he wanted. It had the short bed, and he really wanted the long bed. The dealership tried to stick him with the truck, but he would have nothing to do with that, and who could blame him?? After searching everywhere, the dealership found the exact truck he wanted in Colorado. The same couple has now driven over the holiday weekend to pick up THIS truck. Supposedly, the truck is at the Ford dealership here now. We are going with them in a few minutes to hopefully pick up the truck and go out to dinner.

I'll leave you with this week's pictures of me and Maddy:





















One last thing... On Thursday evening of this coming week, Bryan and I are going to do a 4D ultrasound. I hope that the pictures turn out really good. If they do, I'll try to post them on here!!! I hear that the pictures are incredible when they do this!! Wish us luck!

Love you guys!!

5 comments:

Peggie said...

Nice, newsy blog for someone who had nothing to say!! I've seen one of those "4-D" ultrasounds and the pictures really are phenominal. I hope yours turns out as good. Talk to you soon. Love ya!!

Big Jim said...

Good blog. Glad you are making squadron friends. This kind of friendship seems to last a long time.
Can't wait to see the ultrasound.
Love.

CShore said...

What, no pictures of the new whip (that's what the kids call it, right? A whip? PFFSHHOE CRACK! That's the noise a whip makes.) Glad to hear you had a good 4th and that Bryan is getting into the Texas style BBQ w/ the brisket. Thanks for the text message (you're so hip, driving around in your whip sending text messages, and you somebody's baby mama, check you out!). We had a quiet day, and I made some pork chops for dinner. Anyhow, take care.

Dennis2e said...

Hey Kate it's uncle Den.
Add me!

Sue said...

Very good blog as always. You are looking fabulous darlin' and we are just so happy to hear all your events. Hope the "4-D" ultrasound is great as expected.