Sunday, August 24, 2008

So Much Has Happened...

...Since the last time I blogged...

On Wednesday, I had a rough start to my day at work, and the last thing I had to do (before picking my mom up at the airport) was attend a meeting at the other YMCA in town at noon. I hurried over there as to not be late. When I got there, we were supposed to meet in a particular office. When I got to the door of the office, there were pink and white streamers and balloons all over the place... They threw me a surprise shower!!! Wasn't that sweet?? Here are a couple of the pictures from the day:































After the shower, I headed to the airport to pick my mom up for her visit!!! Once she was here and in the car, I surprised her. I had to go watch a video on having an epidural, then go get my blood checked. Don't you know she was THRILLED?!?! HaHaHa. She's such a good sport!! She went with me and watched the video, then sat in the waiting room while I had my blood drawn.

Not too much else went on until Friday. Early Friday morning Bryan had to leave for a work trip. Late Friday afternoon Jenny, Bryan's mom, came into town. This WAS the weekend of the big shower that my friends Jess and Breezy threw for me. The three of us (me and "the moms") went out to dinner, then came home and chatted until bedtime. We got up Saturday morning in time to have some coffee and juice (coffee for them, juice for me) and a bagel, then got ready and headed to the shower.

The shower turned out GREAT!! I had a WONDERFUL time, and Maddy got lots of really great stuff!! I think this kiddo is just about set (for the first few weeks anyways)!! I don't have very many pictures because my mom and Jenny were helping me with giving the gifts to me to open and keeping track of who gave what, so they were unavailable to take pictures. My friend Jess took quite a few, though. I'll have to get her to e-mail hers to me! Here are a couple of the ones I have, though:



































Lastly, I will leave you with this week's pregnancy pictures... Maddy is growing like CRAZY (and so am I)!!!























I hope that everyone has a great week! Bryan is in North Carolina this week. Please say a prayer that he makes it home safely on Thursday, as is planned!! :) Also, my mom has to return home on Tuesday... another prayer then would be GREAT!!! :)

Love you guys!

I LOVE YOU, BRYAN!! :)

3 comments:

Peggie said...

Great blog. I'm having a great time here. The shower was so much fun. You have some really great friends here in Abilene. Love ya!!

JP2E said...

Family and freinds complete your life. You have the best of both!
If you and your Mom get to looking any more alike you will give Grandmom and her clones a run for their money!! LOL.
Keep us posted on your progress, we are watching with excitement. See ya' in the next installment...

Catherine said...

Aw, you look beautiful! And the shower looks like they were a ton of fun. I can't believe Maddy will be here so soon!