Tuesday, August 18, 2009

And The Saga Continues...

Well, everyone, I apologize for my absence from blogging, but we were just having so much fun that I didn't have time to blog. Here's my plan... I am going to break up the rest of our trip into a couple of different blogs. I'd like to start with our trip to the Georgia Aquarium. Maddy, also referred to by her birthday buddy as Mer-Maddy, LOVED the aquarium. Here are a couple of blogs and a video. You can be the judge!!

Maddy and Bryan playing at one of the "touch tanks":


Bryan took Maddy down the Whale Slide:


The men-folk, deep in thought:

Hang on tight kid!!

They had these really neat places where kids (big and small) can crawl to the other side of the tank and look through these bubbles. Here, Maddy and Bryan were looking through the bubble, and I was on the "adult" side of the tank:

Maddy and Bryan checking out the beluga whales:

Maddy and me looking at the sea snakes... EWWWW...

Looking at the jellyfish. Pretty neat, huh?

Maddy... Deep in thought:

WOW. What an inopportune moment to take a picture!!

A little family portrait:

This was the coolest of the "bubbles" that you could look through. This one was big enough that Maddy could crawl on it. It looks like she's on top of the water. FUN FUN FUN!! :)


Here's a video of Maddy looking at some of the fish:





After the aquarium, we went back to my Grandmom and Grandpop's house for a bit, then went to visit my dad's parents. Here are a few pictures from the visit with them!!

Maddy's Great Grandmother let her play this drum that she got while she was in Ireland. Maddy LOVED being able to make noise!! :)


Here's Maddy with her Great Grandmother and Great Grandfather:


Here she is again... Cheesing like always!! :)


Maddy got to take a ride with her Great Grandfather. I think she enjoyed that, too!! :)



Watch out for another blog (hopefully tomorrow) that has pictures and videos from the family gathering at my Grandmom and Grandpop's house. There was a very yummy treat at the gathering that I took a picture of. My mouth is watering just thinking about it... Betcha can't wait to see what it is?!?!

Love you guys!! :)

3 comments:

Peggie said...

Thanks for sharing some of the fun from your visit. I think the video of Maddy with Great Grandfather is something she will cherish all her life. Can't wait to see and hear about the tasty treat you got at Grandmom's house..... my mouth is already watering (just call me hungry girl)....

Glad you all made it home safe!!

Love ya!!

Bill T said...

We had a great time visiting. thanks for stopping in.

CShore said...

That aquarium is pretty cool, I'm going to have to take a tour myself one of these days!