Thursday, August 20, 2009

Monday we drove from Atlanta to Shreveport, LA. I believe this was our longest traveling day of the trip. By the time we got there, Maddy was D-O-N-E!! Once we got her into the hotel room, though, she talked NONSTOP for almost 3 hours. It was HYSTERICAL!!! The following video is a very (let me repeat VERY) short look into what the chatterbox had to say. Bryan was in a different room, and Maddy stood in the doorway talking to him for quite some time. Any thoughts on what she might be saying?




This is a picture that I had to share with everyone. This is the door to the shower in our hotel room. I don't believe I've ever seen a more narrow shower door in my life!! They are in the process of renovating the hotel. I hope that the renovation includes updating these rooms... I can promise you that there was nothing handicap accessible about this room!!


Once we got all the way home on Tuesday, Maddy was so relieved to be back in familiar territory. She was climbing on EVERYTHING!!




She also re-discovered some of her toys. Does everyone remember the exersaucer that I bought on eBay and was so excited because it was a 2-in-1?? Right before we left, I took the exersaucer apart and put together the walker portion. She was not stable enough before we left to be able to use it. Now, however, she's a woman on the move!! You better watch out. She doesn't let ANYTHING get in her way!! She'll mow over anything and everything that happens in her path!! LoL. Check it out:




I'm not sure that we have a whole lot more to blog about, so please forgive me if it's a few days before you hear from us again!!

Love you guys!! :)

6 comments:

Peggie said...

As usual, FABULOUS pictures. I laughed OUT LOUD at both of the videos. Keep 'em coming!!!

Glad things are getting back to normal for all of you.

Talk to you soon.

Love ya!!

Peggie said...

I think she is almost ready to drive the car.......

Grandpop

Big Jim said...

Great blog. She seems to be getting steady on her feet. it won't be long now. As for the talking, she was saying" What the heck were you thinking, keeping me in that car seat for so long."
Love

CShore said...

So she talks like her dad and drives like her mom? There won't be a mailbox safe for 100 miles!!!

Love ya, mean it!

Katie said...

Chris, you may have hit the nail on the head... or the mailbox with the mirror... or something. LoL. She's a good mix of the two of us (some of the good and some of the, well, not-so-good of each of us). :)

Sue said...

What a chatty little princess. She is delightful. I love all the photos and videos.