Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Discovery Place

Today we went to Discovery Place in Charlotte. It's a hands-on museum. We had a really great time, and Maddy even gave me a little clue on some things she might like for her birthday!! Here are a few pictures we took:

There was a pirate exhibit, and they had a place to look through and "be" a pirate...



Here's Grandmom, Daddy and Maddy getting ready for the IMAX movie all about under the sea. It was a 45 minute movie that Maddy sat still for the first 30 minutes of. I think that at the age of 10 months, that's pretty dang good!!!


Here's Mommy, Daddy and Maddy posing in front of the Parthenon:

Look how tall I am!!!!

The biggest Leggos we've ever seen!!

Maddy showing off her kitchen skills:
Maddy learning how a lever works:



Hercules!!! Look at her lifting that 25 pounds of marbles!!


We had a great time today!! I wonder what tomorrow will have in store for us???

2 comments:

Peggie said...

We had a great time..... Love to spend time doing fun things in Charlotte. There's so much to see and do here!!

I can't wait to see what we decide to do tomorrow!!!

Love ya!!!

Big Jim said...

Oh! If Maddy only knew how much fun she is having. She is experiencing so many new sights and sounds, I'll bet her little brain is just buzzing. I will be interested if she recognizes the environment of the aquarium.
Love.