Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Last night we sat out on the deck and made s'mores (a treat I've been craving since the 4th of July). We had a very nice time hanging out and chowing down. Maddy had her own version of a "s'more". I didn't think that warm, gooey marshmallows were a good idea, and per the doctor, she's not allowed to have chocolate yet, so her "s'more" consisted of a graham cracker. I think she enjoyed it, though... You can't miss what you've never had!! :)






Here's a video of Maddy demonstrating her independence. My mom had been helping her drink out of the water bottle, and she was having a lot of fun. Then, all of a sudden, she was just, plain DONE. Well, I'll let Maddy speak for herself: HaHaHa...




Today, we did a little shopping. We started at REI. I have this GREAT jogging stroller, but the cup holders are very small. My normal water bottle that I like to take on walks will not fit, so I have been in search of the perfect water bottle. I FOUND ONE TODAY!!! Can I get a woo-hoo?!?! :) Here's a picture of the perfect water bottle (in case you were wondering what the perfect water bottle would look like):


After our REI trip, we had some lunch at McAlisters, then wandered around the mall. We found a playground at the mall (where were these when I was a kid?!?!). Here's Maddy playing on the playground:





Maddy learned that she was short enough to play:



On the way home, we got our Baskin Robbins fix. We don't have Baskin Robbins in Abilene, and since we love it so much, we just HAD to partake!! Here are Maddy and Bryan enjoying their ice cream:



Once we were home, Maddy did a little exploring. She ended up on the bottom of the end table, and had a BLAST:


After dinner, we introduced Maddy to "Bucky the Wonder Horse". Chris, do you remember Bucky? She had so much fun playing with him!!!


Here's a quick video of Maddy taking a ride on Bucky the Wonder Horse:




We're having a great time here in South Carolina with my parents. We aren't ready for the trip to be over, but we'll be in Atlanta on Friday afternoon sometime. For those of you that are still waiting for us to come to a city near you, we'll be there soon!!

Love you guys!! :)

9 comments:

Peggie said...

We're having a great time too (and don't want it to end)...... Bucky looks like he needs a bath, DESPERATELY!!! (Chris, I just want you to know that no bologna was found inside of Bucky when we got him out of storage!!! )

What mischief will we get into tomorrow??? Hope it is something that's blog-worthy!!!

Love you all!!

CShore said...

But does he still whinney?

Katie, you are right, those are the perfect water bottles. So perfect, in fact, that I have 2 of them, though neither of mine are pink (in fact, one is gray with a skull and both say 'hydrate or die' on them haha).

You can buy replacement bite tabs if those wear out. Mine are still good as new.

Man, I laughed watching ole bucky pressed back into service for one more rodeo. Who knew that he would still be around 25 years later, huh?

Katie said...

He DOES still whinny!!! The string, however, is too long for Maddy to pull and not fall off Bucky, so Mom has to help her with the whinny-ing. LoL.

I like that the bottle goes in at the bottom. That makes it fit in the cupholder. I'm considering going back tomorrow and getting another once since it's only half the size of the one I usually use. We'll see, though. I could always just fill the new one and the old one, then pour from the old to the new when I finish the new. You were worried about all of that, weren't you?!?! HaHaHa...

Bucky is still up for another rodeo!! He's a really trooper!! :)

Katie said...

P.S. Fisher Price has a new "Bucky the Wonder Horse" and a new "Leo the Lion"!! We saw them at Toys 'r' Us today... The new ones have all kinds of fancy stuff on them, though... They probably require batteries, too!! :(

Big Jim said...

Looks like you are all having a good time. Thanks for the pictures. My favorite one is your dad & 'minny me'. There's no denying that child.
Love.

Bill T said...

Uncles Tom and Mike Had "Marvel The Mustang" When they were Kids. I don't think he ate bologna.

Amy said...

Cute pics. Looks like you guys are having fun. Maddy is too cute!

JP2E said...

The picture of "grampa" Steve holding Maddy is really great. (no smart remarks, just a good picture. When Maddy gets to Atlanta she is welcome to try out "sugar, the pony". Sugar lives with Granny and me, but belongs to Eve. Eve loves to share. Looking forward to seeing Maddy, and those two people she lives with...

Olivia said...

We tried to take the easy way out of making S'mores the other day and thought we were so creative to get Pop Tart S'mores and it was a HUGE mistake...they were no where near the same at all and now I sit here craving the REAL thing even more because of your post! LOL! Looks like you are having a great time.