Wednesday, December 10, 2008

2 Month Check Up

Can you believe it?!?! Miss Maddy had her 2 month check up today!!! The doctor said that everything looks great!! He said that she's doing well, and that we, as parents, are doing well. It's always nice to hear that from an "outsider"!!

Maddy weighed in at 11 pounds, exactly, today. :) That's a gain of 3 1/2 pounds since birth. While I didn't think that seemed like much, the doctor said that was GREAT. She is in the 50th percentile in both her length and weight (meaning she's right at average). She is in the 25th percentile when it comes to the size of her head. I wasn't sure what this meant, but after talking with a credible source, I learned that means that while her head may not be as big as most babies her age, she also may not go through the "bobble head" stage. That makes me VERY happy!! My mom said that Chris and I never went through this stage, so maybe it's genetic!

Maddy also had to get 3 vaccines today. She wasn't very happy about that, but she's no worse for the wear!! She's slept quite a bit since the appointment, but she's awake and happy now!!

We're going to a friend's house tonight for snacks for dinner. I'm taking some little frozen, needs to be heated and served things. I'm sure they'll be great!! :)

Oh well... just a little update on Miss Maddy! We'll see you VERY soon!!

Love you guys!! :)

7 comments:

Big Jim said...

I'm sorry, but we feel that Maddy is well above average. She is just too cute for words.
Love.

Mike 2e said...

I always liked the bobbel head stage. It's like a happy little drunk person. What's better than that?

CShore said...

It's funny you mention that... for some reason at work they have decided that I have a large head and therefore refer to me as 'bobblehead' from time to time.

Glad to hear things are going so well. Talk to you later (in a few days!)

JP2E said...

I may just put Chris on my dashboard instaed of St. Christopher!
Glad Maddy is happy and healthy. Looking VERY forward to seeing you at Christmas...

Sue said...

I am so excited that I will get to hug little Miss Maddy very soon.

Peggie said...

Wow, I'm not used to being so far down in the batting order....So I'll comment on the comments!!

I agree with dad completely.

I have to laugh at Mike, but he's right too!!!

Chris, you are perfect....listen to your mother!!!!

Ummmm, Jim, see above....He IS St. Christopher!!! LOL

Sue, I must also agree with your comment.....

I can't wait to fly to Texas on Monday and pick up my little troupe!! I'm glad the doctor is sensible enough to see a perfect baby with perfect parents when he sees them!!!

Love you all....

Bill T said...

Uncle Jim could have a 2fer. The St. Christopher Bobbelhead. Gald Maddy is doing so well.