Monday, December 29, 2008

Hi everyone! I just wanted to give everyone another update on our Christmas vacation.

Since I last blogged, a few things have happened...

On Friday my friend Catherine (a very good friend from college) came to visit us. Her sister lives in Charlotte, so she and her husband were coming to visit her sister and family. While they were in town, Catherine drove to my parents' house for a visit with us. It was so great to see Catherine! It's always nice to be with friends that you haven't seen in a while. Thanks for coming to visit us!! I'm so glad you got to meet Miss Maddy!!

Yesterday another friend came to visit. My friend from Mississippi, Megan, and her mom drove up from Columbia, SC. It was also VERY nice to see them! I don't believe that I've seen them since my wedding. Megan is in law school at the University of Florida, so she doesn't make it home very often. It was great that her Christmas visit overlapped with mine!!

Other than that, we've just been hanging out... Trying to relax. The last 2 nights Maddy has gone to bed relatively easily. I'm hoping that this is a trend that will continue. Now that I've said it, though, I'm sure I've jinx'd myself!!

I would like to end this blog tonight by asking for prayers. The girl that took our maternity portraits and her husband have been working hard on adopting a little girl. The baby was born the day after Christmas. She and her husband made it in time for the birth and were absolutely elated with their little girl. Once the baby was discharged from the hospital, the happy new family started their journey home to begin their new life. About 2 hours into the drive home, they received a phone call that the birthparents had changed their mind. They had to turn around and take this child back. As you can imagine, they are absolutely devastated. Please keep them in your prayers as they grieve their loss. Thank you!

I think that's all I have for tonight. I'll try to get some more pictures of us to post soon. Love you guys!

I LOVE YOU, BRYAN!

3 comments:

Peggie said...

It really has been a great visit. I'm glad I got to see your friends too. That's what the Holidays are all about.

I promise to keep your friend and her husband in my prayers. I can't imagine the heartache they are feeling.

I'm glad you are here and I'm glad Miss Maddy is so happy and healthy. We are so very lucky!!!

Love ya!!

Sue said...

Oh my how heartbreaking for your friends.
Give Miss Maddy a hug from Aunt Sue.

Bill T said...

We will see you tomorrow.