Monday, December 1, 2008

Big Girls Don't Cry

Bryan often tells Maddy that "big girls don't cry". I remind him every time that she's not a big girl yet, so that phrase has no real meaning. Boy did THAT bite me in the butt!!! Last night, when I got all weepy about Bryan leaving, he told me that "big girls don't cry". Already obviously upset, I responded with "well, this one does!!!" Again, this morning, I was reminded that big girls don't cry. I no longer care! I got my tears out this morning (more than once), and am doing MUCH better. I have dropped Bryan off for his big trip (Uncle Mike, this means that you can start including him in your prayers now). I had a very difficult time leaving him at work, but we've known this was coming for almost 2 weeks now, so I just had to put my big girl panties on and go into "survival mode". After dropping Bryan off, I saw a couple of other wives in the parking lot, so we all stood outside (in the freezing cold) and chatted for quite a while. (It was apparent that none of us were ready to leave and go on about our days...) While chatting, we all realized that today was not going to be easy for any of us, so we made dinner plans. Tonight is Military Monday at Texas Roadhouse (10% discount for anyone with a military ID), so, we're all going to meet for dinner later this evening. Once our evening plans were firmed up, Maddy and I went shopping. I bought her a new fleece sleeper, a new pack of cotton sleepers (she doesn't have any in the next size, and she's starting to outgrow her 3 month ones) and a new hat and pair of socks that say "I Love Daddy!" Maybe I was just being mushy and sentimental, but I thought the hat and socks were cute (and for $3, I could justify it)!! I also got April's Christmas present. I hope she likes it!! :)

On to other news... Maddy is pretty dang amazing! Just when I think I can't handle anything else, she pulls out all the stops!! The last 2 nights, SHE'S SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!!!! She hasn't been napping during the day. I can get about 20 minutes out of her at a time, then she's wide awake and ready to go. She, however, gets so tired (from lack of napping) that she's extremely fussy from about 2 PM until bathtime at 9. While she didn't nap the last 2 days, she DID SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!! To make it even better, she woke up this morning at 5:15, I fed her, then she went back to sleep until I woke her up to get her ready to go to base at 7:45. When we left the house around 8, she fell back asleep and slept until we got home around 10:45. Now, she's napping AGAIN!!!! The only unfortunate part is that she's laying on the couch in her boppy, so I can't leave (I really could use a potty break). I'm afraid to move her, though because I don't know if she'll fall back asleep. I guess I'll just wait until she's awake, then put her in her crib long enough to take a potty break, then hold her some more (which seems to be her favorite past time)...

Sorry I don't have any new pictures to share today. We weren't really in "picture taking" condition earlier today. I'll try to get some new ones soon!!

Please keep Bryan and the rest of the guys in your prayers. Especially today and tomorrow while they're traveling. The countdown to my trip can officially begin now!!!

Love you guys, and we'll see you soon!!!!

Have a good week!! :)

6 comments:

Mike 2e said...

Just between you and me, I have been praying for Bryan anyway. I just leave out his location for security reasons. I mean I trust God and all, but you never know who's listening.

Peggie said...

Good blog!! I can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks. I'm glad Miss Maddy is co-operating with you on this deployment. Say "HI" to all the ladies tonight for me...

Talk to you soon....

Love ya!!

Big Jim said...

A lot of folks were teasing Mike about telling Him he was i a foreign country and it was driving God nuts trying to find him/
Good blog, you're a big girl and I know yoy can handle this deployment.
Love/

JP2E said...

They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles. They shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint...
Isaiah 40:31
God bless you, Bryan and Maddy...

Bill T said...

Uncle Mile lied to God. The rest of us will do our part to keep Bryan in our prayers.

Sue said...

A good cry is very comforting and necessary - for girls and boys.
We love you and keep you in our prayers.