Thursday, December 11, 2008

SURPRISE!!!

Maddy and I got a HUGE surprise tonight!! We had a couple of very unexpected (but, very welcome) visitors!! Bryan's sister Patty and her husband Micah have been taking a cross-country trip. They began their journey on October 24 and have been ALL over the country. They even ventured into Canada for a short jaunt. This evening, I received a phone call from a number I didn't recognize. I was changing Maddy's diaper, so I missed the call, but, luckily, they left a voicemail. (Anyone that calls me very regularly knows that I rarely return calls if no message is left...) I listened to my voicemail, AND IT WAS PATTY!! Patty was calling to tell me that they were about an hour west of Abilene and wanted to know if they could stop by for a quick visit. I, of course, agreed that it was a GREAT idea!! Here's a picture of the travelling couple with Maddy:


Patty and Micah, if you read this, I just wanted to let you know that we had a very nice visit with you, and I am THRILLED that Maddy got to meet you tonight!!! I hope you have a very safe rest of your trip!

I WAS actually planning to blog tonight to share a couple of new pictures of Maddy, so here they are:

Maddy had a little "tummy time" today. While she's not usually a huge fan of this activity, I realized that she is not EVER using her arm muscles, so I thought a little tummy time might help to develop them... As you can see, she didn't really use them, but we'll take it one day at a time!! At least she's smiling in the picture, though!! :)


And this picture is Maddy getting a "kiss" from her big brother:



Finally, Maddy was watching Ellen while having her tummy time... While Ellen is certainly not the best entertainment for an infant, I was pleased that she held her head up to watch the show!! :)




Well, Maddy is sleeping, and we have a very early morning to drive a friend to the airport, so I think I'll end this and go ahead to bed... In hopes of getting some good sleep before the alarm goes off at 5:30... Talk to everyone later, and SEE YOU SOON (it's sooner now than it ever has been before)!!!

Love you guys!! :)

5 comments:

CShore said...

The kid comes by noodle arms honestly, mom =P

Papa Jay said...

Surprises are always nice. I looked at the picture of Patty holding Maddy and can't believe how big Maddy is getting. Maybe mommy needs to do push ups to show Maddy what she is suppose to be doing. We will not hold our breath waiting on that picture.

Peggie said...

What a great surprise!! Patty and Micah must be nearing the end of their trip....

Great pictures of Maddy's tummy time too!!

See ya in a couple of days....

Love ya!!

Big Jim said...

Really good pictures. What a pleasant surprise to get an unexpected visit from family you don't get tp see on a regular basis.
Love.

Sue said...

What a treat to have family visit! The photos of the worlds most perfect baby just get better and better.