Friday, December 12, 2008

Chris's Challenge

Ok... Here goes... Page 56, huh? This could be difficult... Picture books (a) don't normally have 56 pages, nor do they (b) have sentences... I had to dig, but here's the first one I came across:

"Her only saving grace - the only positive thing to come out of the whole experience - was that she'd apologized in his office.

It was getting harder to keep it up, though. At first, all she'd had to do was park her car in the garage, but now that Molly was getting close to her due date, Gabby had to start parking in the driveway so Molly could nest. Which meant that Gabby thenceforth had to come and go when she was certain Travis wasn't around."

I must admit that I have not yet read this book, so I have NO CLUE what's going on. This is the beginning of chapter 5 of the book The Choice by Nicholas Sparks. My mom bought this while she was visiting after Maddy was born. Once she was finished with it, she sent it to me to read. Needless to say, my "boss" doesn't allow me a whole lot of leisure reading time, so I haven't had a chance to even crack it yet. Maybe while I'm on my "vacation" (which starts Monday, by the way), I'll find some time to read!!

Thanks for the challenge, Chris. It's always fun to be given a "topic" of discussion!!

Maddy and I will be heading to Atlanta in about a week!!! We are about to turn inside out... Ok, so I'M the one that's ready to turn inside out. Maddy has no clue what's about to happen. We'll start our big journey on Monday!! Keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we make this big cross-country trek... (We includes: My Mom, Maddy, Nash and Me)

We love you guys!! See you soon!!

:)

2 comments:

CShore said...

Thanks for playing! It is a bit odd, isn't it? The first 'book' I came to was the instruction manual for the TV, followed by a Field & Stream magazine haha.

Big Jim said...

My dear young lady, you are not the only one that is excited about your visit to Atlanta. Your grand mom and I are beside ourselves with anticipation. What a great group we will make with people indie out and others beside themselves.
Love.