Sunday, September 6, 2009

Happy Long Weekend!!

Today marks day 3 of our 4 day weekend. Yes, Bryan got Friday AND Monday off this weekend for Labor Day. Lucky guy, huh? We haven't really done anything blog-worthy this weekend, but I thought I'd check in anyway! On Friday night, Maddy's friend Charlie was having a birthday party at the park. We were going to meet at the park for some low-key park action, cupcakes and just, plain, fun. The party was scheduled to start at 6:30 PM. At 6:00 PM, we began experiencing some gray skies. Charlie's mom, Diana, called and said that just to be on the safe side, she thought it would be best to move the party to their house. Boy was that ever a good call!! We got a GREAT storm!! Poor Diana had a full house (as she was not planning to have anyone over), but the kids had a BLAST!! Maddy found Charlie's 4-wheeler and had a GREAT time with it. Check her out:



Maddy was the only mobile girl baby at the party, so there she was, in her dress... on the 4-wheeler. She sure can hang with the boys!! :) We didn't get home until WELL AFTER bedtime, so we just skipped the bath and Maddy went to bed. Well, the combination of the excitement of the party along with the cupcake and the late bedtime proved to be a challenge for us to get her to bed. After about an hour of "fighting", Maddy FINALLY drifted off to sleep!!

Saturday morning, we got up and Bryan made Beignets again. While we were eating our breakfast, our friends Mike & Breezy asked if we were busy. They were going to the "Y" to go swimming and wanted to know if we were interested in joining them. So, after we ate our breakfast, we changed into our bathing suits and headed for the pool. That was a great way to start the day!! Then, last night, we had Mike and Breezy over for hamburgers. They were DELICIOUS! :) Maddy had a MUCH easier time getting to bed last night!!

Today, we got up and went to church. We've just been hanging out since then. Maddy's napping at the moment! Woo Hoo! Mike and Breezy have offered to watch Maddy this afternoon/evening so that Bryan and I can go on a real live dinner and a movie date!! We're going to go see The Proposal (I know, it's been out for a while, but we don't get out much), then go to the Japanese Steakhouse for dinner. It should be a good time!! :)

In other news, I've been working very hard at scouring the Internet to find the best deals on Maddy's birthday presents. I finally ordered everything last night. I don't want to spoil the surprise just yet (I'm afraid Maddy might check out the blog... Don't want her to know what she's getting), but suffice it to say, I'm pretty stinkin excited!! :)

Also, today, I ordered Maddy's big girl car seat. Once she is one year old and 20 pounds, we can legally put her in a forward facing car seat. (She's currently 11 months old and 19 pounds.) We are not 100% sure when we'll make this big switch, but we want to have the seat so that when the time comes, we're ready (and the website we ordered it from is having free shipping right now)!! I have a feeling that shortly before Bryan deploys in February we'll turn her around. That will be the case if I decide to take another long road trip during the deployment. We'll just have to wait and see!! :) Here's the picture of her new, big girl car seat:


Finally, I will not be watching Isabella anymore. Her parents found a permanent daycare situation for her. It's a little bittersweet. She is a very good baby, but I know that Maddy will be happy to have her Mommy back all to herself again! :)

Our next big adventure is quickly approaching! We'll be in Gatlinburg in T-19 days for Chris and April's party! I found out about this activity recently, and the only place to do it is in Pigeon Forge, TN. While I don't know that we'll partake, I think it looks like fun!! What's not fun about riding down a HUGE hill in a GIANT ball?!?! :)

I guess that's about it for now!! Sorry I don't have more pictures of the little Miss to share this time. I just haven't been taking too many lately... Bad Mommy!! I'll try to do better in the next couple of days!

Love you guys!! :)

4 comments:

CShore said...

That 4 wheeler's got nothing on Bucky! Looks and sounds like ya'll had / are having a great weekend. I'm at work today, and I think I may campaign for burgers for dinner. See you in t-19 days!

Big Jim said...

e it's fun time in Texas. I think you are right about Maddy spying on your blogs, every time I read your blog, my shoe laces get untied. (LOL)
Love.

Peggie said...

Sounds like things are rolling right along in Abilene!! The link in your blog didn't work for me. Maybe you can tell us a little more about what you can "only do in Pigeon Forge"????

Maddy is as adorable as ever. Can't wait to see her in a couple of weeks!!

Love ya!!

Katie said...

Mom, it's called Zorb-ing. You ride down a huge hill in a giant inflatable ball. You can have up to 3 people in each ball. Xan Spencer and his wife just did it and blogged about it. The website us www.zorb.com.

Grandpop, watch that you don't trip on those shoe laces. Maddy is very very sneaky. :)

Chris, can't wait to see you guys either! Did you get burgers?