Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Is It Only Wednesday?

WOW! What a week!! I can't believe that it's only Wednesday! On Sunday night, I started not feeling well. I thought it was just allergies, so I took a Benedryl before bed and moved on with life. I woke up on Monday feeling AWFUL, and Maddy was pretty pitiful, too. I decided that we had a cold. We're just about over it now, but it was a rough couple of days. I have been taking some Tylenol cold medicine, but they no longer sell ANYTHING for children under the age of 4 for colds, so poor Maddy just had to deal. :( She hasn't been sleeping well (mostly because she can't breathe), so no one in our house has been sleeping. Like I said, though, I think we're just about over it.

To add to the chaos, a friend of ours found herself in a major predicament. Her child was all ready to start attending the day care on base this past Monday... or so she thought. Late Friday afternoon, Heather called to verify that Isabella would be starting at the CDC (Child Development Center) on Monday morning and was told that their spot had been given to someone else. In a panic, Heather called me and asked if I could watch Isabella until she can find a permanent day care for her. I, of course, agreed. Isabella is 3 months old. So, enter chaos. I now have a 3 month old (who, naturally, can't even sit up on her own), a 10 month old (who can crawl, but has never had to share her Mommy before, AND is sick) and myself (who is feeling like complete poo). Needless to say, this sounds like a recipe for disaster. I am happy to report that we've made it through the first 3 days successfully, and I'm feeling pretty good about things! Isabella is a very good baby (which really helps matters). Her dad drops her off before he goes to class (he's in school at one of the local universities here), then picks her up about 4 or 5 hours later when he's finished with his classes for the day. We've been laying pretty low this week partly because of illness (we don't want to spread it) and partly because I haven't been brave enough to venture out with 2 children under the age of one. Tomorrow, that will all change. Several of the girls from the squadron have convinced me to try taking them to our bi-weekly lunch bunch. I have decided to give it a go. What's the worst that happens? It's total chaos, and we just leave? Yep. That's the worst, so who cares? We're going to give it a go!! I'm not sure yet how long I'll be keeping Isabella, but I know that her parents are working very hard to find her permanent day care! Until then, she's all mine!

I'll leave you with a couple of pictures I've taken this week. Nothing special... Just a few of us girls hanging out!


Here's Maddy walking Nash... or is Nash walking Maddy? I'm not too sure. The really funny thing is that when we tried to take the leash back from Maddy, she flipped out on us!! She was so upset!! We gave her the leash back, and all was right with the world again!! HaHaHa. :)


This is Maddy playing in her very own, personal, ball pit that we got for her while we were in Little Rock. She wasn't a huge fan of it at first, but now she plays in it all the time!!


This one is Maddy "helping" me take care of Isabella this morning when she first got here. Oh boy... When we decide to have another baby, I think this Momma's in for it! Maddy tries so hard to help, but we're still working VERY hard on using our "soft hands". :)


Finally, Maddy and Nash had macaroni and cheese for lunch. I'm not sure who enjoyed it more. LoL. I think Maddy wears it well. What do you think??


I guess that's about it for now! I hope you've enjoyed a little look into our lives! Talk to you soon!

Love you guys! :)

6 comments:

Peggie said...

Great pictures!! I especially love the mac & cheese one!!! You are one brave mom, to take on a 3-month old with a 10-month old....wow, that's a lot of work!!! I'm glad Maddy is adapting so well. She'll be a good big sister when the time comes.

Thanks for the update. Talk to you soon.

Love ya!!

Big Jim said...

Good blog! You really have your hands full with the two of them. Maddy is just too cute. You know, my shoes have stayed tied all day since Maddy left.
Love.

Sue said...

You are a very strong woman and I applaud you for all you have done this week! Awesome!
Love the photos of the world's cutest baby!

Katie said...

Just wait until we see you in a couple of weeks at Chris and April's party, Grandpop. Your shoes will no longer be safe!!! :)

By the way everyone, we survived and it's just Maddy and me again... That is, until Bryan gets home from work! :)

Bill T said...

Good blog. Love the pictures. I'm glad they play so well together.

CShore said...

We stayed home from mass last night because we couldn't decide if we had allergies or the flu! Turned out to be allergies luckily. Are soft hands like jazz hands?