Saturday, December 19, 2009

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a BLAST today!! We're really sad that we were not able to make it this year to the Towhey Christmas Extravaganza, so we thought we'd give a big HEY YA'LL FROM TEXAS in the form of a blog!!!

Here's a video of Maddy helping make Oreo truffles... I hope everyone tried one today... I heard that my mom was bringing some to share... I hope you did Mom, or else I just called you out and everyone will know that you and Dad ate them all on the way down!! ;)





Here are a few still shots of our very own EXTRAVAGANZA (ok, so it doesn't compare to the Towhey Family Extravaganza, but we're doing the best we can...):


Maddy had to sample the cookies to make sure they were okay to use in the truffles:



I think she liked them:



She got to lick the spoon after I mixed up the insides for the Oreo Truffles:



I gave her a GINORMOUS bowl of rice crispies (ok, so the bowl was big...) so she could make her own peanut butter balls:



This afternoon, we went to a few of our friends houses to deliver some cookies and candies that we made. It was a very nice way to spend the afternoon! :)

I guess that's it for now. I hope everyone had an excellent time today!! We missed you!!

Love you guys!!

5 comments:

CShore said...

Looks like fun. We did have a good time. I know there were lots of flashbulbs going off, so I'm sure someone will be along soon to share photos. I would ask for the recipe, but after eating them I am probably better off not knowing it! I would hate to have access to those whenever I wanted them. Take care.

JP2E said...

We were ALL together - even if we were miles apart. Merry Christmas from aunt Sue, cousin Rainman and me...

Big Jim said...

I showed this to your Mom & Grand Mom earlier today. and we all got a major kick out of it. Fun holiday times.
Love.

Peggie said...

Looks like you guys had almost as much fun as the Atlanta contingent did!!! Yes, I did make the truffles, and no, I didn't have any left to bring home with me!!! Your recipe was a huge hit!!!

I wish we could all be together for Christmas, but you guys have to make your own family traditions, since you don't know where you'll be in the future. Texas is far enough away, but if you wind up in Japan or Germany, you'll HAVE to make it on your own!!!

We sure did miss you all.....

Love ya!!

Bill T said...

You guy's were missed, but we went on anyway. I know Christmas will be special for you guys.