Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Cards

Good evening everyone! Bryan has been home sick this week. We took a family nap on Sunday afternoon, and when we all got up, he was not feeling well. Suffice it to say, things went downhill quickly, well, everything except his temperature (it continued to rise into the evening... topping off at 101.4). I slept in the guest bedroom on Sunday night just to be safe. I took him to the doctor yesterday morning, and they put him on "quarters" for 48 hours. Basically, that just means that he needed to stay home and rest. It was just some sort of a stomach bug. The doctor told us that if Maddy and I were going to get it, we were going to get it. Sleeping in a different room wasn't going to change anything. After some drugs, rest and Pedialyte, Bryan is feeling MUCH better today. Since he wasn't allowed to go back to work today (per the doctor's orders), but was feeling better this afternoon, we decided it would be a good time to take our annual Christmas card photo. For those of you that have been on our recipient list for the last few years, you know that we ALWAYS take our picture on the front walkway of our house. Well, this year, the weather didn't cooperate. It was just above freezing all day and RAINING... We were not ABOUT to go outside under those conditions to get a picture, so we set up a little studio in the living room... complete with rearranging furniture... We put the camera on the tripod and after taking almost 200 pictures, we got a couple that we were satisfied with for our Christmas card. Our big camera has a remote so you don't have to use the self timer, which was a HUGE help in trying to wrangle Maddy AND Nash for this year's picture. LoL. It was comical to say the least. I have a friend that offered to take the picture, but she was at work and we were ready to take our picture...

Once it was all said and done, Maddy decided she wanted to show off her photography skills... Here she is in action:


Doesn't she look like a real pro?? I happen to think that she's just too stinkin' cute... At least I'm not biased!! :)

I have ordered the Christmas cards. I sure hope they arrive in time for me to address, stuff, seal, stamp and mail them to arrive at their destinations BEFORE Christmas. LoL. It seems like everything is running in slow motion this year with the mail. We'll see... Be watching your mailboxes!! If you don't receive one, it's probably because I don't have your address... Or we don't like you (hahaha... just kidding on that one), so if you'd like one, but don't receive one, please pass me your address, and I'd be happy to send one to you!! Better yet, if you send US a Christmas card, then I'll have your address, so I can reciprocate!! :)

I hope you're all having a good week!! Maddy and I are hoping the weather is nicer tomorrow... We'd like to get out of this stuffy house and do some SHOPPING!!

Oh... one last request... my STINKIN' knee popped out of place this afternoon (yes, the same one that I've had 2 previous surgeries on)!! It's feeling okay at the moment (a little sore, but nothing like when I tore the cartilage this time last year), but please say a little prayer that we aren't heading down THAT road again!! Thanks!!

Love you guys!! :)

4 comments:

Big Jim said...

Looking forward to seeing the chosen picture. Maddy seems so interested in the camera, and she is soooo cute!

Peggie said...

Your Christmas card is one of the most anticipated in our household every year. This year, even moreso, with the most beautiful baby in the world being featured!!! We just can't wait to see it!!! I hope she gets Bryan's eye for photography. She could make a living at photography if she inherits talents from both of you!!!!

Love ya!!!

Sue said...

Maddy is definitely going to be a great photographer.

CShore said...

Great picture as usual. You've set the bar high for the christmas card photo with that one.