Wednesday, February 10, 2010

BIG NEWS!!!

Some of you may know what we're staring in the face right now with Bryan's job... If you don't know, feel free to call either me or my mom, and we can give a simple answer. In spite of that "happiness", we got some GREAT news this week, and now that it's official, I can blog about it...

Dyess AFB has been a great home for us these past 3 years, but...

...Are you ready for this??

...

Are you sure you can handle it??

...

I don't know... Maybe I should wait until tomorrow (as I promised in my last post)...

...

Ok, I give...

WE'RE GOING TO PILOT TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bryan applied back in October to go to pilot training. This will mean that he'll no longer be a navigator... He'll be a pilot!!! We have absolutely ZERO details at this point in time, so we don't know when he'll be going (hopefully this fall sometime). We don't know which base we'll be going to for training. There are 3 bases (that I am aware of) that train pilots (one is in Del Rio, TX, another in Enid, OK and a third in Columbus, MS), and we do not get to choose which one. It will be assigned to us hopefully sooner rather than later. Once he's in training, he'll get a chance to make a "dream sheet" of which planes and bases we would want to go to. So, like I said, other than the fact that he got a pilot slot and will be going to training, we don't know anything else.

I hope the rest of you are at least half as excited as we are!! I'm pretty stinkin proud of him!! This deserves a HUGE WOO-HOO!!!

Love you Bryan!! Congrats!!

Love you guys!! :)

5 comments:

Peggie said...

Congratulations to Bryan!!!! I know this is a "dream of a lifetime" for him. I know he'll do GREAT in Pilot school. Can't wait to find out where you all will be stationed next. Hopefully somewhere that I can get CHEAP plane tickets to!!! Ha ha ha.....

Take care and enjoy each others' company......

Love ya!!

Catherine said...

That's great, Katie! And congratulations Bryan! So excited for you all and your next big adventure.

Sue said...

WOW and a big Whoo Hoo from me, too! How utterly awesome for Bryan! I hope you get your Dream location.

Papa Jay said...

For those of you who don't know why Bryan is so "flying" crazy, here's the quick story. We took him to his first air show at Scott Air Force base in IL when he was only 4. He was so taken by all the planes. He told us on the way home from there that he wanted to be a pilot in the Air Force. It is amazing after 23 years he will finally live out his dream. Bryan, Mom and I are so proud of you and thrilled about this next phase of your life

Bill T said...

That is great. Bryan is proving that hard work can pay off. for you guys truly "The Sky is The Limit".