Sunday, July 26, 2009

First Leg Down...

...Five more to go!

We left our house around 8:15 this morning and drove all day to arrive here in Little Rock around 5 PM this evening. We're one step closer to visiting with everyone!! Bryan will finish his training this week (if all goes as planned), then early next week we'll be heading to Nashville to visit with Chris and April and all of Bryan's family. :) I'm so glad that we're finally on our big road trip!!

Maddy did exceptionally well in the car today. There were a few "hairy" moments, but all things considered, she did very well. We DID stop one more time than we had planned, but I think Maddy appreciated it. She was pretty "over" being in the car seat, so we stopped at a rest area, laid out a big blanket and let her crawl to her heart's content... for 15 minutes, then it was back on the road for us. We were really glad that we stopped when we did because about 20 miles down the road, we ran into some TERRIBLE weather. We made it through with no problems, but there was NO WAY we would have stopped during that weather.

After we got here, we got settled into the "hotel" on base (yes, Mom, it's the fancy-shmancy place where we stayed in December). Once we were settled, we went to our friend Carrie's house for pizza and a little chatting. Now, Miss Maddy is sleeping in her room (hopefully down for the entire night). Bryan and I are pretty worn out. Bryan is tired because he drove to Abilene yesterday to pick us up then did most of the driving today. I'm tired because, well, I have been chasing after a VERY mobile Maddy all by my lonesome for several weeks. I think we're both glad to have each other's company again. Parenting is really a job for 2 people. I think God knew what he was doing when he came up with that plan...

I realized that I am not sure that I ever shared with everyone what our actual itinerary is, so I'll leave you Atlanta folks with the part that pertains to you. You can plan to see us from Friday, August 14 until Monday, August 17. Bryan and I are hoping to take Maddy to the aquarium while we're there. Looking like Saturday will be the best day, but we're certainly flexible!!

Well, I think it's time to turn in for the night. Can't wait to see everyone soon!! Love you guys!! :)

5 comments:

Peggie said...

Glad you made it through the first part of your trip with no problems. Our prayers are with you all during the rest of your driving vacation.

Rest and relax while you're in Little Rock. There's no house cleaning or chores beckoning you, so just go ahead and enjoy your time with Maddy while Bryan is at work.

See you soon.

Love ya!!!

Sue said...

Road trips are so much fun and Maddy is doing well. At her age, it is hard but I am sure she will love all the excitement and adventure.

Big Jim said...

Glad you and Byran made the trip together. Take your time and enjoy. Really looking forward to going to the aquarium with you. Just let me know when you want to go and I will make it happen.
Love.

JP2E said...

Sounds like the trip is going well. Sometims a road trip is the best tonic for a couple and their chaperone.
By the way! What was the outcome of the roof problem? inquiring minds want to know...

CShore said...

ROAD TRIP!!!!

Have fun, see you soon!