Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Just an update

Well, we've been in Little Rock since Sunday. Not much has gone on. Here is a picture of Maddy in her carseat on Sunday when we told her that we were going on a roadtrip:



I didn't take one of her when we got here. That was a memory I didn't want to capture. I'd like to let it fade this week before we hit the road again next week. LoL. Needless to say, she was DONE sitting in the carseat by the time we got here!! :)

Last night we took Maddy to a Mexican restaurant here that is near the townhouse we rented when we lived here. We used to come to this restaurant pretty frequently as we enjoyed the food. The first picture is Maddy's new "evil grin". She sometimes makes this face, and, let's be honest, if you look at her eyes, it really looks like she knows that she's up to no good!! :)


The next picture is Maddy enjoying her chip at the restaurant while waiting for dinner...


I think she really liked her dinner. She had a cheese quesadilla with rice and beans on the side. I didn't know how she'd feel about the sides, but she really liked them. She let me feed her the beans with a spoon (THANK GOD... That could have gotten messy... QUICK!!)... and she chose to eat the rice one...grain...at...a...time... It was a slow and tedious process, but she seemed to enjoy it. LoL.

Today, we went to Best Buy and Toys 'R' Us. The Best Buy in Abilene in tiny and is located inside our "mall". We do not even have a Toys 'R' Us. Maddy, of course, made out like a bandit at the toy store. Well, actually, we got her a small toy and a bath toy (Bryan was pretty bent out of shape that I didn't pack any bath toys for her and didn't think that the 2 plastic cups and plastic spoon were enough for her highness). I also got a couple of things that I've been wanting to get for her that I couldn't find in Abilene (these certain bowls for snacks and new sippy cups).

Bryan is at work right now, and I'm cooking a Stouffers lasagna for dinner. He should be home in about an hour. Tomorrow is his checkride (hopefully if the weather cooperates). If all goes well tomorrow, he will officially be an instructor navigator!!! Woo-Hoo!! :) Once he files all of the necessary paperwork, we will be finished here. We are hoping to stay here for the weekend so we can go to the zoo and maybe do something outdoors (go for a nature walk or something). We'll just have to see how long the paperwork takes.

Our current plan is to leave here on Monday and head to Franklin to visit with Chris and April and Bryan's family.

I guess that's about it for us for now. Maddy's taking a little late afternoon nap, which I'm okay with. I changed her diaper a little while ago and out of nowhere she's got a terrible diaper rash, so I'm hoping a little rest will help heal that. I also think that one of her molars has started to cut through (could explain the diaper rash) and another seems to be on the verge. Poor kid... See? A late afternoon nap isn't such a bad idea now, is it?!?!

I hope all of you are having a good week... It's HUMP DAY!!

Love you guys (and see you VERY soon)!!! :)

6 comments:

JP2E said...

LOVE that smile!!!!

CShore said...

How many more teeth does that kid need!

Peggie said...

Sounds like you're having a nice trip so far. Hope things continue to go well for all of you.

I sure hope Maddy's diaper rash disappears as quickly as it appeared. I'm sure it is very uncomfortable for her.

Be careful on the next part of your drive. Can't wait to see you SOON!!

Love ya!!

Peggie said...

I want a copy of that picture!!!!

Grandpop

Big Jim said...

Mexican food could equal diaper rash.Those beans can be dangerous.
Love.

Sue said...

Diaper rash and car seat don't mix. I hope it clears up very soon. Love that little grin. She is adorable.