Monday, July 13, 2009

I Scream, You Scream...

...We all scream for ICE CREAM!!!

Maddy and I hosted our "walking buddies" today for a little walk in the neighborhood, picnic lunch and ice cream social. We had a great time!! We met this morning and took a walk through the neighborhood. We were 4 strollers wide walking through the neighborhood. HaHaHa.

Once we got home, we had a little picnic lunch. The original plan was to do this outside, but we were pretty toasty, so we had a picnic on the kitchen floor instead... Here we all are:



Maddy tried a ham and cheese sandwich for the first time. I think she liked it, but I never imagined that a sandwich could be SO MESSY!! HaHaHa... I think she looks like a grumpy old man in the last picture:





Once we finished our lunches, we went outside for a little "pool party":




Then, we had a little ice cream. I supplied the ice cream and each family brought a different topping. Here is my friend Kristen's little boy Kelby enjoying his ice cream:




Now that everyone has left, Maddy is watching TV... If she keeps this up, she'll need glasses in no time!! Don't worry, though, I've since moved her away from the TV screen. She's a good 10" away from it now. LoL. :) I'm hoping she'll tucker out soon and take a good, long afternoon nap!!



I hope everyone is having a good start to their week!! Talk to you soon!

Love you guys!! :)

3 comments:

Peggie said...

What fun!!!! Looks like you and gang had a GREAT time. It sure is nice to have other moms to hang out with, isn't it???

Hope Maddy took that long nap you were hoping for. I'm sure you needed a little rest after that busy day too!!

Love Kelby's take on eating ice cream.....Don't think I'll try it, though... ;)

Love ya!!

Big Jim said...

Family fun in the neighborhood. Looks like a good time was had by all.
Love.

Sue said...

It is so nice to have good friends in a great neigborhood to have fun with.