Tuesday, July 21, 2009

This Little Girl...


...is absolutely amazing!! We've had a VERY ROUGH (to put it nicely) couple of days and nights!! Maddy had all but quit sleeping. We spent two nights in a row "partying" for hours in the middle of the night. Then, the suggestion was made that I let her cry herself back to sleep, so Sunday night I let her CIO (Cry It Out). FOUR HOURS AND FIFTEEN MINUTES LATER, she finally fell asleep. It was NOT easy, and I don't know if I could have handled another night like that!! Then, yesterday afternoon when it was time for her nap, I laid her down completely asleep and twenty minutes later she was awake, crying. I let her CIO again, and this time she only cried for TWO hours. Once she fell asleep, she was only asleep for about 20 or 30 minutes, and was awake again. By this time, it was just about dinnertime, so I chose to just get her and try again at bedtime.

We ate some dinner, then we had to go to Target because we were out of some essentials, and I had put it off as long as humanly possible (I was certain that one diaper wasn't going to last us until today)... While driving to Target, I tried to make a phone call on my cell phone and had a problem, so I opted to restart the phone. That was IT. The phone will no longer turn back on. So, the AT&T store was on the way to Target, so we stopped there first. The girl at the store told me that she did not know what was wrong with it. She told me that on August 21, I am eligble for an upgrade. In the meantime, they've given me a "loaner" phone. It's not the greatest phone, but let's face it, it makes and receives phone calls, so I'm not complaining!!

Back to the sleep thing. Maddy and I did our normal bedtime routine last night after we got home, and I prayed A LOT. God and I got very close. Also, once Maddy had fallen asleep in my arms (I like to rock her to sleep), we talked (well, I talked and she "listened") for a little while. I explained to her that she and I would both feel A LOT better if she slept. Guess what?!?! SHE LISTENED!!! She fell asleep around 8:30, and I didn't hear from her again until a little after 8 this morning!!! YAY YAY YAY!! And that, my friends, is why Maddy is just so dang amazing!! She knew that I was just about "over it", and she pulled through once again!!!

She's currently taking a little nap, and has been for about 45 minutes, so shhh... Don't wake the baby!!

In other news, Bryan will be coming home on Saturday to pick us up for our big road trip. I couldn't be more excited (especially now that Maddy seems to be doing better)!!! Let the countdown begin!!! This is also excellent news because if the "loaner" phone doesn't hold up, he and I will be together, so we'll have his phone which seems to be slightly more reliable these days... iPhones, here we come... ONE MONTH FROM TODAY!! Woo-Hoo!!

Oh, and today's picture is Miss Maddy on the move. She has really started to enjoy crawling EVERYWHERE. Watch out when we come visit you... She's ON THE MOVE!!!

Love you guys!! See you soon!! :)

5 comments:

Peggie said...

Yay, yay, yay!!! It looks and sounds like EVERYONE is having a much better day today.

I can't wait for you guys to get here and visit. I AM counting the days!!!

Maddy, keep up the good work!!!!

Love ya!!

CShore said...

I think I have an iPhone in my future as well. Several of the guys at work have them, and April and I keep finding ourselves wishing for a phone with internet functionality. She still wants a cute little flip phone, so I think I'll bite the bullet on the iPhone for me.

Good luck on the sleep issues. I'm sure it will all work out!

Sue said...

You are such a good mom! I love the photos of that girl on the go!

Big Jim said...

Trust an old timer, you did the tight thing. If you let her be, she will soon learn the rules and learn how to be a team player. Good luck 7 Hang in there.
Love.

Peggie said...

Looks like Maddy is in jail but loving life.

Just read your Mom an article in the paper (OK, I will admit to it, we are getting old if we are reading to each other from the paper) and the expert there said you "dun gud".

You are doing a great job as a Mom!

Dad