Saturday, November 15, 2008

Maddy's New Friend

Last night we went to Texas Roadhouse with some friends to celebrate Bryan's birthday. After dinner, everyone came back to our house for drinks and dessert. I made ice cream pie, per Bryan's request. His original request was to have a mint chocolate chip ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins, but since we don't have a Baskin Robbins here, I offered to make a mint chocolate chip ice cream pie instead. He thought that sounded good. I, personally, am not a fan of mint chocolate chip ice cream, so I also made a cookies and cream ice cream pie as another option for our guests (and myself). So, we came home from dinner, Bryan and the boys went outside to play with the new firebowl that Bryan got for his birthday, and myself and the girls stayed inside (where it was warm and not windy). Today's picture is from when the girls were inside. This is Maddy "playing" with her new friend Sophi. Sophi is about 3 weeks older than Maddy. Her dad is a navigator with Bryan in his squadron. Her mom also works on base, though I can not remember at the moment what she does. So, here are the girls "playing" with one another:


Well, we're just taking it easy today. Bryan is feeling a little under the weather, so I think we'll just stay in today. I hope everyone has a good weekend!

Love you guys!! :)

4 comments:

JP2E said...

They seem to be BFF! LOL...

Sue said...

It sounds like a really great celebration and the ice cream pies sound yummy. I am sure all your guests had a great time. Sorry Brian is feeling under the weather, it was probably too much ice cream pie. Kisses to Maddy xoxoxo

Peggie said...

Sounds like everyone had a great time. Especially Maddy and Sophi!! It'll be nice to have a playmate so close by for Maddy when she's old enough to play!!!

Talk to you soon.

Love ya!!

Victoria said...

I hope Bryan feels better!

I love the photo of the little girls holding hands!

Mint chocolate is a favorite of one of my friends, but I can only eat it in small bits. Your other desserts sound divine, though!