Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Quick Update

Hi everyone! I just wanted to give a quick little update on Maddy. We had to take her to the doctor yesterday because of a rash on her face. We thought it was baby acne, but when it spread like it did, and got as red as it is, we decided it was better to be safe than sorry. When we saw the doctor, he told us that she has contact dermatitis. Basically, this means that she, somewhere along the way, came into contact with something that irritated her skin. His guess is that someone held her, and their clothes had been washed in a harsh detergent. He was not at all concerned, and sent us to the store to get .5% hydrocortisone cream. I thought, easy enough, and headed to Wal*Mart. This would have been easy, except that Wal*Mart only carries 1% hydrocortisone cream. Upon speaking with the pharmacist, who suggested that he was certain that the 1% would be okay, I finally found out that they could order the .5% for me, and it would be here today around 10:30 AM. I thought that was a MUCH better option, seeing as how my child is only 5 weeks old!!

The best news from the doctor's visit, however, is that Maddy now weighs a whopping 9 1/2 pounds!!! That's a 2 pound gain since she was born... Keeping in mind that she lost a little before we left the hospital (totally normal by the way), so our little Maddy is doing MARVELOUSLY (minus the stinky rash on her face, which Mommy will start taking care of today)!!!

Just thought I'd share this with you.

I'd better get to gettin on my chores. I need to get a little housework done, and get Bryan's birthday presents wrapped. Tomorrow he'll turn 26... old fogie that he is!! :)

Love you guys!!

5 comments:

Big Jim said...

Thanks for the update and I know Maddy will be just fine.
Give Bryan a big birthday kiss from us. I would do it myself but he seems reluctant to accept kisses from me. Go figure.
Love.

JP2E said...

Well, that's the end of that new baby smell!! Oh well. Happy birthday Bryan...

Peggie said...

Good update. Hope the cream clears up the rash and we can get some more adorable pictures of your "picture-perfect" baby soon!!! Happy Birthday to Bryan too....

Love you all!!!

Bill T said...

Tell Bryan "Happy B Day" from us.

CShore said...

Wow, you are back to your quick blogging ways, I couldn't keep up this time. Hope BrYan has a nice bIrthday, be sure to let us know about it!