Sunday, September 14, 2008

37 Weeks

Well, everyone, after my LONG night last night, I'm still alive!! :) Today was spent resting, for the most part.

Yesterday was my friend Jessica's bridal shower. My other friend, Breezy, and I threw the shower at a historic home here in Abilene, The Swenson House. We had a VERY nice time. Breezy and I provided all the food. This is the first time that either of us have put something on like this including all the food. Jessica and Breezy are the girls that threw my shower here a couple of weeks ago. Here are a few pictures from the day... with captions to follow:

















This is the table with all the food on it... Well, all the food except for the hot food (it was still warming at this point)...


This is the cake that Breezy and I made. It was definitely a stretch on our abilities, but I think that overall, it turned out pretty good!! The pictures on the table are a couple of Jessica and Lou's engagement pictures.







The shower had a kitchen theme since Jessica likes to bake so much. With that being said, instead of a guest book, we had each of the guests trace the outline of her hand, and on each finger she was to write the 5 ingredients for a happy marriage. Now that everyone has done this, Jessica can put them on her apron, so that is the white apron and all the pink pieces of fabric for people to write on.







These are the prizes for the games, and the favors for the guests. The prizes all had a kitchen theme, too (utensils, etc.). The favors were jars of ingredients to make different types of cookies. Then, each of the jars have instructions on what the person will need to add and how to cook them to finish the cookies.



This is Jessica testing out the punch. I must add here that I got LOTS of compliments on the food AND the punch. I've never made punch before, but this was SUPER easy and VERY tasty!!! :)










This is Jessica standing on the staircase that leads to the upstairs of the Swenson House. I thought this almost looked like a portrait with a fake background...



This is another "artsy" picture of Jessica. This 3-way mirror is in one of the bedrooms of the Swenson House

















This is the "guess the spices" game. We had 10 different spices in numbered coffee filters, and everyone had to guess what they thought each spice was. Surprisingly, the girl that won this game is 11 weeks pregnant and wasn't able to make a guess on every spice because the smells were making her sick. Crazy how that happened!! :)




While Jessica opened her presents, we had a foam crown with some tulle on the back for her to wear. We also made her necklace and bracelet out of some cake decorating items. She continued to wear the "accessories" while she cut the cake!!!











All in all we had a WONDERFUL time!!!

Now that you know what I did this weekend, and about how I couldn't sleep last night (see my previous blog if you don't know what I'm talking about), I'll show you the glider that Bryan's grandmother purchased for us:






It's very nice, and I anticipate spending LOTS of time in it!! :)











Finally, I'll leave you with this week's pictures of Maddy and me:







































Last, but not least, I'd like to show you last week's side profile (on the left) as compared to this week's side profile (on the right). I definitely think I've grown in just the last week...














I hope that everyone has a GREAT week!! No doctor's appointments for this week, but if anything were to change, I'll definitely let you know!

Love you guys!! :)

5 comments:

Peggie said...

You're both looking GREAT. Maddy will be here before we know it!! Looks like everything went great for Jess's shower. Keep us posted on your gestation!! Love ya!!

Olivia said...

You are so cute. I am so excited for her to be in your arms. I am thinking about you!

Big Jim said...

You must have had a great shower. It sounds like so much fun.
The pictures of you are looking great. I know you are ready for Maddy. Hang inthere.
Love.

JP2E said...

Good work on the shower! You are very talented.
We wore out one glider rocking babies and are on our second one now. That one will likely wear out with kids as well, but from different use (LOL).

JP2E said...

Good work on the shower! You are very talented.
We wore out one glider rocking babies and are on our second one now. That one will likely wear out with kids as well, but from different use (LOL).