Sunday, September 28, 2008

We're Still Here...

Good Sunday evening everyone! This has been a BUSY BUSY weekend for us.

Friday night Bryan, our friend Angela and I went to dinner and the movies. We went to this little hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant by our house that none of us had ever tried. It was okay, but nothing to write home about. After that, we headed to the movies. We saw "My Best Friend's Girl". It was not a movie that I would HIGHLY recommend. It was pretty good, but it was just about as crude as a movie can get before I'm offended. There were actually 4 people sitting a few rows in front of us that got up and left about half-way through. Mom, I can tell you, for sure, that you won't be a big fan of this movie. The premise of the movie was good... Just the way they got the story out there was pretty crude. One of the main characters was a guy who gets hired by other guys to date their girlfriends and act like a total jerk so the girls will realize what a nice guy they had before, and, in theory, go back to the original guy. Cute storyline, but the guy went to the extreme of being a total jerk. If anyone else decides to take a gander at the movie, I'd love to hear what you think!!

So, that was Friday night. Yesterday, we got up and went to the E's vs. O's football game for Bryan's squadron. This is an annual event where the enlisted guys play the officers from the squadron. It was a pretty good time, but it was HOTT. We took Nash with us, and we got to see a friend who had her baby last week, so that was fun too. After the game, we went and got burritos from a little local place and took them back to base to eat at a picnic table (I suppose you could say that we went on a picnic). Once we were finished eating, we took a short walk on base then headed to Nash's class. By this time, Nash was burning up and worn out, so he was good as gold at his class. This week was week 7 of 8, and Nash did well again. After the class, we all came home and rested for a little while. I took a little snooze because I knew we had a long night ahead of us. Last night, to go along with the E's vs. O's football game, the squadron had a homecoming dance. The theme was "Enchantment Under the Sea", and everyone was supposed to dress however they would have for their own High School homecoming dance. I had a different situation on my hands, seeing as how I was NOT pregnant at my high school homecoming dance, but I made the best of it. I found a dress in my closet that was stretchy, and wore that. I think that without even meaning to I was one of the highlights of the night. :) Everyone kept chuckling about the pregnant girl at the homecoming dance. I did some dancing in hopes of speeding this whole "going into labor" thing up, but to no avail. I am still pregnant today.

I can tell that we're getting closer to D-Day. I've had some new feelings/pains, but still nothing worthy of going to the hospital. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon. I hope that she tells me that we've made more progress since last week. I am trying to not get my hopes up, but it's difficult not to. I want what's best for Maddy, obviously, but my curiousity is getting the best of me... not to mention that I know it won't be a day at the beach when the day comes, so I'm just ready for that part to be overwith.

In closing, I'd like to leave you with this week's pictures... Maybe the last week?!?! Who knows?!?! Only time will tell...


I believe this is the part where Bryan would want me to point out that the "turkey timer" shows that she's almost done. My poor little belly button is poking out almost all the way now. I think that means it's just about time!! :)


I hope everyone has a GREAT week. I'll try to blog more now that I'm not working anymore... Love you guys!! :)

5 comments:

Peggie said...

Sounds like you had a GREAT weekend too..... Your pictures are looking like you are just about to pop!!! Hope having this week off from work helps you get a little rest and keep off your feet a little more!!!

Keep us posted on all your adventures!!!

Love ya!!

Big Jim said...

Mexican two days in a row?? That is really tempting fate. Keep on keeping on. You are looking healthy.
Love.

Dottie O said...

Hello Pretty Girl! It's mom's cousin Dottie. You look wonderful. I love the comment about your belly button looking like a turkey timer. Are you naming your child Maddie? and is that after your great-grandmother? She was a great, wonderful & fun lady! Waiting to hear about your event. God bless you all! Love Dottie

Sue said...

Katie, You are so cute with little Maddie on board. Take your Mom's advice and put your feet up and rest.
All that Mexican food may bring Maddie out sooner - in self defense. HA
Love ya, Sue

CShore said...

I was going to say that about your turkey timer, but you beat me to it! You do look like you are ready to burst sis. Hopefully you'll have that kid before we get there (or at least shortly thereafter!). I'd hate to come all that way and miss her. I guess I'd have to settle with seeing you, huh? Take it easy and it will happen when it's time. Love you and talk to you later.