Sunday, September 14, 2008

Isn't It Funny...

...How God prepares you for major life changes?

It is currently 4:25 AM, and due to a mild case of heartburn, a stopped up nose, and a myriad of other minor symptoms (unfortunately no contractions), I needed to get up. Fun times, huh?!?!

I thought that rather than calling all of you, I'd just share this "good" news with you in a blog! :) I am SURE that God is only preparing me for what's to come. Maddy has absolutely NO problem with us being up at this hour! She was moving and squirming for a little while as I was tossing and turning. Now that I have gotten up and moved around a little, all is quiet again. Something tells me that if she was already here, I would be up anyway right now! :)

I am getting excited about Maddy's arrival, however, times like these make me wonder how I will ever handle this. I hope to get back to sleep in a little bit, and maybe even sleep in. Bryan and I tried to watch a movie last night, but at 8:00, I was down for the count. By 8:30, Bryan had turned off the TV suggesting that we just go to bed. Unfortunately, that woke me up a bit, so it was a couple of hours after that before I REALLY fell asleep.

I'm a nervous wreck about "D-Day", but I'm also VERY excited!! I've still not had any really promising signs that she'll be here soon, which is a little disappointing, but we're still 4 weeks out from her expected date of arrival, and I've been assured by several friends and family that once things start moving along (contractions, etc.) there's always the chance that it'll happen VERY quickly. I have also been reminded many times that the first child often comes late. Ms. Maddy will be here in her own good time. I am aware of this... just a little anxious!

Ok, well, while I'm still not quite ready to try to go back to sleep yet, I think I'll end this and maybe get a small glass of water (maybe pizza last night for dinner WASN'T the best idea ever... heartburn and thirst...)

Talk to you later!! :)

Love you guys!

4 comments:

Peggie said...

I hope you can get some rest today, before going back to work tomorrow. However, lack of sleep will become a part of your life for the next couple of years! The good news is that being a stay-at-home mom, you will be able to rest during the day while Maddy is resting. Don't be alarmed if you go a week or so without a bath in the beginning because sleep is so much more important than anything else in your life!!! Take care of yourself (and Maddy) and get some sleep!!! Love ya!!

JP2E said...

If you were not nervous you wouldn't be a good mom. Or you would be on your 9th kid and too pooped to care!! LOL.
The first few minutes of Maddy's life will be with you forever, don't wish your time away.
You will be a GREAT mother, and Maddy will be very blessed. Just remember; You spend the first year teaching them to walk and talk, and the next eighteen telling them to sit down and listen...

Big Jim said...

Just keep on keeping on. The "D-Day" will be here soon enough. The jitters are all part of the plan.
Love.

L&D said...

I just happened to come across your blog and I simply HAD to comment. You are such a beautiful mom-to-be and I can sense your excitement as your day draws near. Motherhood is the most amazing journey you will ever experience and you will be blessed more than you can possibly imagine. Wishing you all the luck in the world.