Friday, September 26, 2008

It's Official!!!!

Hi Everyone!! Today was the official LAST DAY of work for me!!! Miss Maddy can come ANY day now!!! I had a pretty good last day. I feel good about leaving the YMCA's finances in Cory's hands. I think she's going to do a GREAT job!! I think I did a pretty good job while I was there, but Cory, hands down, has SO much more experience than I do. I think this will be a good change for the Y!!

As my last official duty, I had to do some performance evaluations. We all remember Kathy, right?!?! Well, she got a little emotional on me today. She was pleased, I think, with her evaluation, but when it was time for the evaluation to be over, and for her to leave my office, she started crying. She told me that she really liked me and thought of me as a sister. I actually felt a little bad leaving her. I felt even worse that I didn't cry WITH her. I just have such a different feeling right now about me leaving the Y. LoL. Oh well. I guess if nothing else, I should feel good that I made a difference in someone's life, right?!?! :)

Moving on a little, I went to my last childbirthing class last night. This one was just for the Mom's, so Bryan stayed home. When I got home, he put together the swing that my good friend Gina bought for us and had sent to our house this week. I LOVE IT!! It's a 3-in-1 swing. That means that it can be a swing:



Or an infant seat (which we could use to feed her, or just to put her in there if we need both hands, and need her to be "contained"...):



And it goes all the way up to a toddler rocking chair:



I thought this swing was SO neat when I found it!!! I was THRILLED when it showed up at our front door the other day!!! I think we'll get several years of use out of it. Not to mention, it converts VERY easily, so we can use it, in the event that we have 2 children, at the same time to keep everyone happy. :) So, THANK YOU Gina and Randy (and baby Landon)!!!

Well, I guess that's about all I have for now!! I hope to take the next few days/weeks to relax and get the house picked up and cleaned really well before Miss Maddy gets here. I am so excited about all the company we're getting ready to have... even though they aren't really coming to see ME!! HaHaHa!!

Love you guys!!

Have a GREAT weekend!! :)

4 comments:

JP2E said...

HOLY COW!!!
That kid has a swiss army kid-seat thingy! How cool is that? Will it convert to a car when she turns 16?LOL
We are all glad that things are going so well. now it's just a waiting game...

CShore said...

Congrats on getting out on your last day! Don't get too used to not working, the real job is just starting!

Big Jim said...

Good blog. You should have called it "Escape From The Y".
Hope your non-working days are fruitful.
Love.

Peggie said...

Great blog. I have a feeling you haven't heard the last of "Chatty Kathy"..... The swing is really cute. I can't wait to see it in person when I get there. I'll see you in less than 2 weeks....keep your legs crossed until then!!! LOL....

Love ya!!!